“Best Restaurant I Have Ever Visited”
Review of Maria's Sicilian Ristorante - CLOSED

Maria's Sicilian Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dock Street
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I hadn't been to Annapolis in years. While touring through the shops in the downtown area I noticed a Marias and I noticed that it was Sicilian. Since my heritage is from that part of the world I am naturally drawn to all things Sicilian out of curiosity. I don't know how authentically Sicilian my meal was, but it was the tastiest pasta dish I have ever tasted. Chicken and sausage over obviously imported linguine in a sauce that I never tasted before. Only my wife could come close to making such a delicious meal. The price was reasonable for a tourist area and the atmosphere was superb. I left completely satisfied.

There are newer reviews for Maria's Sicilian Ristorante

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've now been to this restaurant twice, most recently this past weekend. The food and service have always been very good and the location is hard to beat. Based on the price though, I probably would go elsewhere. I believe they have a menu hanging up outside the restaurant, so you can make this decision for yourself before going in.

The quality of the food is very good. If you like Italian, you will likely enjoy the meal. There wasn't a lot on the menu, and especially not for vegetarians, but everything is made-to-order, so I didn't have a problem getting exactly what I wanted. I've enjoyed the two meals I've had there and I've heard the same from others that have eaten there.

The service was professional and friendly and the atmosphere was about up to par with the cost of the dishes.

The only negative was the price. I got a spinach salad that I had them put tomatoes on. For $10 I got a plate of baby spinach leaves and grape tomatoes. I could have gotten a little more on it, but being vegetarian I skipped the bacon leaving me the leaves and tomatoes. Since I had a big container of baby spinach leaves in my fridge at home that cost me maybe $5 this kind of hurt : / Our dishes were about $20 a piece. Mine left me a litte hungry, hers filled her up. If I were craving Italian I'd probably look elsewhere as I don't see that it is worth that price, but the food was good, so I can't say it was a bad meal.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Located close to the harbor and shopping with on the street 2 hr. parking. Loved the crab cake sandwich. Great specials. Enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Not going to lie... this restaurant is not worth the cost. The food was average, and the atmosphere as we sat outside [no tablecloth, no flowers on the table, nothing sophisticated to make it worth the cost] was no different than the bars nearby. My daughter and I got the Sicilian Wedding Soup, thinking it would be something akin to Italian Wedding Soup. Alas, it is completely different! The menu did not list the ingredients, and really they ought to as I'm sure we are not the first to confuse this soup. Sicilian Wedding Soup is sort of like an egg drop soup with spinach, and a very watery, almost tasteless broth. We returned my daughter's soup and asked for the tortellini soup for her instead, stating that we would pay for the Sicilian Wedding Soup [though I did hope they would at least take partial cost off since it really was not good soup! But no, they charged the full $9 for her soup. So we paid $18 for her soup total!]. The tortellini soup consisted of tortellini in watery broth. No vegetables, no herbs, nothing. Just a dozen tortellini sunk to the bottom of the bowl with watery broth. Not worth $9 a bowl for sure. The service was average, the food was average to poor. I think Maria's could use a food and atmosphere makeover if it seeks to continue charging patrons such exorbitant prices.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food is very good, service is very good, atmosphere is quaint, price is a little high. Overall, a "good" experience.