“Well done”
Review of Osteria 177

Osteria 177
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 177 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 355 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Flemington, New Jersey
“Well done”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I both had pasta dishes, both of which were well executed. Dishes were original but still keeping the feel of old world Italian. Portions were the correct size as well - an amount that a normal person could finish. We were on vacation so really did not want to have leftovers. I really enjoyed the Agnolotti special with eggplant and shaved parmesan.

Richmond, Virginia
“Great flavor but not enough to get me back in the door”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I chose this restaurant based on it's rating from Trip Advisor. I checked out their menu online and decided that I would eat here based on the reviews and the menu. When I was seated I was asked if I wanted sparkling or still water. I have to admit this was the first time I was ever asked this in a restaurant and I told them I wanted flat. It was not until they brought out the water bottle that I realized that still water did not mean tap water. I told the water that I just wanted tap water and they took away the water glass. I placed my order for the linguine with clams. I was brought fresh bread and a few minutes later my dish arrived. I was dismayed with the lack of pasta but was please with the amount of clams. The dish had great flavor but this is the first time I have ever had a pasta dish at a restaurant will this little amount of pasta. Pasta is cheap and for the price I paid for this dish they could have put more linguine in especially given the size of the dish it was served in. I was also disappointed that there was no salad included with the entree.

I did notice at another tables entree's looked plentiful but they were not pasta dishes.

I would not come back here simply because I left less then full.

thomas
“Never reviewed before but had to do this.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have never been on impressed by fine dinning. Having grown up in a italian family with a mom who is a great cook. Having a good meal out is a challenge, but having a truly great meal is close to impossible. Having eaten at the Oseria 177 all I can say is wow. Atmosphere is upscale, restaurant is small. But the food is amazing. All I can say is try it.

Connecticut
“The Best!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Looks like the Mrs. beat me to the punch reviewing Osteria 177 already, but I'll add my couple pennies' worth! As she wrote, while we were reading the menu at the front door coping out food and nightcap options, a local answered my thinking outloud question "Hmm,. wonder how their bar is?". He said they've got the best mixologist in town.
So later that night we made our first of three visits, and the guy was absolutely right - Lucien's the best! Made me a vesper better than the ones I make myself, really impressed my wife with one of his own concoctions. We went back again the next night, for two rounds this time, chatted a little with Lucien again (He agreed with us that Annapolis' tap water is horrible - What's up with that?!), met some cool locals. made a lunch reservation for Sunday before we left.
Sunday's lunch was a different salad each and the papardelle with mixed seafood for both of us Hard to impress us with italian food, but this was OMG-level good! The pasta was clearly fresh, perfectly al dente. The saffron-blessed sauce was equaly great, and we really enjoyed an unusual italian rose with it.
We recommended it to a few friends that night who'd still be in town on Monday - Hope they listened to us. We know we'll definitely make a beeline here if/when we're back in town!

1 Thank BermudaBum
Seymour, Connecticut
“Outstanding”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recommended by locals as we were reading the menu outside. We had cocktails two nights (awesome bartender) and lunch another. Food was as amazing as the cocktails!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank CT_SweaterGirl

Been to Osteria 177? Share your experiences!