“Nice dinner on a Saturday night”
Review of Osteria 177

Osteria 177
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 177 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 357 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a nice restaurant, but make reservations. The drinks are good, and the wine was yummy. We had the grilled calamari as an appetizer and it was excellent. Main dishes were pretty yummy. This is a leisure restaurant and they are busy; we weren't in a hurry so taking almost 2 hours for dinner was no problem. If your in a hurry you probably want to go early!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I come from a big Italian family and have worked a cook and waiter in restaurants, including an authentic Italian chef owned and operated one for ten years. Osteria 177's homemade gnocchi with tomato basil sauce was so flavorful and exploding with rich and naturally sweet tomato sauce. It was the best tomato sauce I have ever had!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food is prepared very well. My husband had ravioli that had excellent flavor combination. I had fish that was also good. We were slightly disappointed with the dessert, which was recommended by the server. We also tried the mixed drink special but did not like it, wish they had explained in more detail what went into it.

Overall still a good experience

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My partner and I booked a table on a Sunday evening at 6.30 just after Christmas. We wanted somewhere to be pampered, and enjoy some good food. Being that we can only get together every few months due to our locations being either side of the Atlantic, all our time together is precious. Suitably washed and cleaned up for the occasion, off we went, only to be seated in a half full restaurant, close to the door resulting in draughts every time someone came in.
Our service was slow, and little attention was made to us during our visit. We eventually had to ask for the check, and not bothering with dessert as it was over 20 minutes waiting for someone to ask if we wanted anything.
Our main meals were excellent thankfully, but considering the high cost of our meals, our whole experience was tainted.
We had asked for better seats, but they were reserved, even though no one had come in by the time we left.
I love Annapolis, and had been looking forward to our special meal, but left dissapointed. My partner and her family use this establishment from time to time, living close by, but I doubt they will use this restaurant again in a hurry.

More waiting staff required, or at least get them more organised.

Hate writing bad reports, but this restaurant let us down badly.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Excellent service and food. Authentic Italian food, interesting menu and excellent wine selection. This restaurant is expensive but the quality and service is there.

Been to Osteria 177? Share your experiences!