“Somewhat disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buddy's Crabs and Ribs

Buddy's Crabs and Ribs
Ranked #83 of 347 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
virginia
“Somewhat disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a few minutes in Annapolis, was caught up with the cobblestone streets and the water scenery. Looked up seafood restaurants and GPS pulled up Buddy's on main street. I thought a quick bite to eat since the meter was running. Entered in just at 4:30pm, seafood buffet was displayed. Complete with crab legs, oysters and crawfish. Of course you know by now, my weakness is seafood. Took one look at the buffet and opted for it, at $24.95 how could I go wrong, it looked DELICIOUS. Okay, so let me be the first to say, you can't judge a buffet on looks alone! I will hit the high points, the seafood gumbo and mini crab cakes were the absolute best. Well seasoned and very tasty. Everything else on the buffet, no taste at all! I tried a little salt and pepper at the table, but that was not enough to bring out the flavors. SO disappointed. On a good note, the server was attentive, considering I was the only on in the restaurant at the time. One word for the Chef, SEASONING!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bevsensualparty

• Korean first
Millersburg, Pennsylvania
“Buddy's was cruddy.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Food/service was so-so a couple weeks ago. Thought we'd give them another chance Saturday. Not a good idea. Uncaring service, cold soup, mediocre salads/entrees. So many other exce3llent choices in town, not Buddy's. Sorry.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
“Ok food & service. Great location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Our food was average. I think my dad, who had the seafood buffet, was happiest with his meal. We went in because a sign out front said something like "Buddy's loves kids." We thought it would be good for my nephew, who is 2. There was nothing in particular that made it any more kid-friendly than any other restaurant. But it is in a great location on Main Street, close to the academy. If you have a chance to try another restaurant on Main Street, I'd probably go elsewhere. But it wasn't all that bad.

Dallas, Texas
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

8 of us for Crabs & seafood at Buddy's on a Wednesday Night. 8pm. Worst crabhouse experience i have ever had. Mediocre & lumpy crab soup. Not hot.
Warm, not hot mussels (butter/wine sauce) with little sauce for dipping. Mushy. BBQ ribs as an app were tasty & fall off the bone. 2 dozen large crabs ordered. They were cold on the inside (almost frozen). Server said they would be re-cooked. We should have stopped there. Instead of cooking new ones properly and hot, they redid the ones they removed from the table. We ended up with mushy crab. Shells busted apart instead of coming off in one piece. Almost inedible, but we were starved so we muddled thru. Had to call for the check to a mostly unbussed table, and then call across the room for the server to come back and get the credit card for payment. Service was very inattentive. If i had never been to a crabhouse i would never go to another one based on this experience. As it is, I can only say don't go to Buddy's.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Hot Crabs WOO-HOO!!! Good Salad and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

For me it was a great experience, we had 2 servers Billy and Melissa, they were just great! I'm a sucker for good service. Great View of the area and water/marina.

Ordered the Margarita Shrimp salad, it was sooo good, and I am a bit of a health freak/nut, but can't go wrong with this jerk shrimp, yummy avocado, pecans, tomatoes, red onions and a lime vinaigrette..

CRABS CRABS CRABS CRABS - ok they were a bit on the expensive side, like really $50 for a dozen, that's highway robbery when I can get a bushel for $60 or $75
-- anyway they were hot, yummy and delicious, summer isn't officially over until you've eaten some crabs, at least where I'm from (South Eastern, VA)

i posted pix of my meal on Instagram, now all my friends want me to take them there...hmmm they'll have to be very nice to me!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles