“Very Disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

8 of us for Crabs & seafood at Buddy's on a Wednesday Night. 8pm. Worst crabhouse experience i have ever had. Mediocre & lumpy crab soup. Not hot.
Warm, not hot mussels (butter/wine sauce) with little sauce for dipping. Mushy. BBQ ribs as an app were tasty & fall off the bone. 2 dozen large crabs ordered. They were cold on the inside (almost frozen). Server said they would be re-cooked. We should have stopped there. Instead of cooking new ones properly and hot, they redid the ones they removed from the table. We ended up with mushy crab. Shells busted apart instead of coming off in one piece. Almost inedible, but we were starved so we muddled thru. Had to call for the check to a mostly unbussed table, and then call across the room for the server to come back and get the credit card for payment. Service was very inattentive. If i had never been to a crabhouse i would never go to another one based on this experience. As it is, I can only say don't go to Buddy's.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

For me it was a great experience, we had 2 servers Billy and Melissa, they were just great! I'm a sucker for good service. Great View of the area and water/marina.

Ordered the Margarita Shrimp salad, it was sooo good, and I am a bit of a health freak/nut, but can't go wrong with this jerk shrimp, yummy avocado, pecans, tomatoes, red onions and a lime vinaigrette..

CRABS CRABS CRABS CRABS - ok they were a bit on the expensive side, like really $50 for a dozen, that's highway robbery when I can get a bushel for $60 or $75
-- anyway they were hot, yummy and delicious, summer isn't officially over until you've eaten some crabs, at least where I'm from (South Eastern, VA)

i posted pix of my meal on Instagram, now all my friends want me to take them there...hmmm they'll have to be very nice to me!!!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have visited Buddy's several times over the years and were always satisfied with the food and service as one of the best values in overpriced Annapolis. Well, today we stopped in for an early dinner (4:30) and were quite disappointed to find that things have changed since our last visit over a year ago. The place was only about half full so, neither the wait staff nor the kitchen were under stress. Our waiter didn't write anything down, and he should have. He had to come back to ask how I wanted my soft crabs prepared, I ordered a bowl of soup and he brought a cup. The soft crabs were listed as market price but, he could not tell me exactly what the price was, and didn't bother to go and check. I ordered them anyway and, surprise, the price turned out to be ridiculously high. This was especially galling since the soft crabs were small and had almost no breading. He brought out our soups and salads at the same time and the entrees arrived before we finished the appetizers (which I always find annoying). Anyway, the MD crab and cream of crab soups were very good, as well as the salads. The stuffed shrimp entree ($23) was good and well prepared, but the 4 shrimp were very small. The fried soft crab entree was a disappointment, especially for $26.
Although the location is good, Buddy's is no longer the value it used to be. You can do better in most of the other restaurants in downtown Annapolis.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went for dinner and then went back the next day for the all-you-can-eat buffet brunch! What more need we say?

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were visiting our son and wanted a place for Sunday Brunch. He recommended this place and we were VERY PLEASED! Even though we arrived at 1 and brunch is over at 1:00 they continued to bring our food until about 1:30. Something for everyone....made-to-order omelets, eggs benedict, french toast, crab imperial, seafood gumbo, fresh pineapple, fried fish, fried shrimp, boiled shrimp...and that was on my plate alone! (Just kidding! Our TABLE!) There was much more to choose from and....wait for it....at the price of $13.95 per person.....who can complain?!?! You can't get two eggs benedict in Annapolis for that price! I highly encourage you to stop by and try it....unless you are extrememly picky....and prefer to pay way more for way less.

2  Thank DorothyatHeart

Been to Buddy's Crabs and Ribs? Share your experiences!