“Great hotel....but”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Milford, United States
“Great hotel....but”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. My only complaint is that when I called to book the room, the customer service agent told me that it was located within walking distance to the Naval Academy. When we arrived, we found out that it was not, which posed a bit of problem for the next morning....as we were running the Annapolis Half Marathon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
southlake tx, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Team stayed here for tournament and gen. mgr and staff worked really hard to get eveyone fed, moved through the dining room (small restaurant area made this a necessity) but had a helpful, what can I do for you attitude

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

niantic, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The bed was promoted at checkin as adjustable from soft to more firm with the turn of a dial. We turned the dial. Nothing happened. We slept in a hollowed out indentation in the mattress that was difficult to get out of.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Mary P
Tim G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the problem with your bed during your stay with us. Our Garden Sleep System does work around the turn of that dial but if the dial is not working for some reason, I can see how that would equal a poor night of sleep. I invite you to reach out to me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further and I can make sure this issue gets fixed. I can be reached at 410-266-9006. I look forward to speaking with you and hope we have the chance to have you stay with us again.
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com. My boyfriend has been a member and we have always had great experiences, however this was probably our worst yet. My boyfriend, his friend and I stayed in a room together for the weekend. We booked two queen beds, and called ahead to make sure we had this taken care of and they assured us it was okay. We also knew we would be arriving late and informed them of this and there seemed to be no problem with that either. We arrived at the hotel and they informed us they did not have any rooms left with two queen beds, but that they would let us know if anything opened up. I then asked them for a cot because I didn't want my boyfriends friend to sleep on the floor. They also said they didn't have any left and that they would leave a note so anything would open up they would let us know. My boyfriends friend was forced to sleep on the floor the first night. I went down to check and see if they had any cots to just please put them in the room because we would not be there during the day. She seemed to think something would open up, however nothing did. I understand that if we had not called ahead and took all the precautionary measures that its kind of a too bad for you kind of situation. However being that they assured us there wouldn't be a problem, it was irritating that we trusted they would make certain amenities available when they simply did not do so. My boyfriends friend had to sleep on the floor for both nights, and the staff did not seem to care at all whatsoever. Everyone didn't actually seem to care or try to come up with another solution.

I find it extremely hard to believe that nowhere in the entire hotel was there a cot, and how they could possibly think its okay for a guest to sleep on the floor and provide no other option. It was a waste of money and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melissa Y
Tim G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that we were not able to accomodate your request for a room with two beds or for a rollaway bed. We do our very best to grant every request we recieve but unfortunately sometimes we just cannot do so due to our occupancy, business demand, etc. I assure that the comfort of all our guests is our highest priority and if we had a rollaway bed to give, we would have made sure to get it up to you for you to use. I would be more than happy to speak with you personally regarding the issues you had and invite you to reach out to me at 410-266-9006.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to hear from you.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed there with our son's sports team and it was an excellent choice. The breakfast was very reasonably priced, and had several great hot options such as eggs, made to order omelets, oatmeal, and waffles. I really liked the hot tea and coffee that was available all day. The room was nice and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The managers were very helpful if we needed anything. I am not familiar with prices in that area, so $250 per night seemed a little steep for me, but that may be the going rate. The hotel was close to an area with plenty of dinner options.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2013

As with most Hilton Garden Inns I stay in, the staff was professional and helpful and every way and the hotel room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. I applied for an e-upgrade and got it, so my room was a very roomy, nice suite. I certainly would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel is in a good location to get to downtown Annapolis as well as the football statdium (15 minutes to both). Hotel was nice, clean, and quiet with good parking. Comparable price to many nearby hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple