“Inconsider Operations Manager” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Inconsider Operations Manager”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

After returning from dinner on Sun. evening 1/20 we noticed that the elevators were out and brought it the attention of the Ops. Manager. Our room was on the 4th floor she in turn told us that we had to walk up the stairs if wanted to get to our room. The elevators were down and there was nothing that she could do about it. We ask if there was anything that they would accomadate us for, for this inconvenience & was told no and she preceded in laughing in my face. I walked up the 4 flights of stairs to greet another guest getting off the elevator. Other than this inconveniece all other employees were very pleasant in assisting us in our needs.

Room Tip: The room that I resided in was located in a very good location of the hotel. There seemed to be to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
timmycg99, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review and for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis. I am so very sorry for this misunderstanding during the final night of your stay. Our entire staff is held to the highest of standards and given extensive training in guest service, treating our guests with respect, and overall friendliness. They are all held accountable to these standards by me which I take very seriously. This is certainly something out the ordinary as we were recipient of the 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award with continuous guest raves. I thank you for bringing it to my attention and assure you we will continue to strive for excellence superior guest satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We traveled to Annapolis in August of 2012. I searched the best place to stay on tripadvisor as I always do. After much researching, I found this Hilton to have few reviews, but all very positive for the most part. When we arrived, we checked the room for cleanliness and found positive results. The problem started on the second night of our stay. My daughter woke up with multiple bug bites. While we paid no attention to this, anyone can get bites anywhere, it became alarming when on the next night, she had more as did I. This time we pulled the covers and thoroughly checked the bed for anything that might be causing the bites. We found nothing to cause alarm. The following night we had additional bites, but this time even my husband had bites. On Saturday morning, as we were preparing for check out, there it was in the middle of the bed, a bug. While I have no clue if it was a bed bug, it certainly looked like the pictures found online. I informed the front desk of our results and told the girl that she may not want to rent out the room until pest control investigates. I showed her the multiple big bites and a picture of the critter we took. She said she would close the room until further investigation and would inform the manager. At which point I reminded her of the roach I found walking on the wall the night before near the laundry room on the first floor. ( She was the attendant on duty the night before when I found the critter walking on the wall.). She stated that pest control would be called for both incidents. The next day when I contacted the manager, he had not been informed, which tells me they probably ignored my comments and rented the room regardless. We wrote a letter to corporate Hilton and have yet to hear from them, mind you it's been four months. Regardless of their lack of response, I wanted to make sure others are aware. So buyer beware of where you are staying! Here's the thing, the staff was friendly, location ideal and overall it was a positive experience. The bug thing was the killer! Satisfaction was not met in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank AviMom2006
timmycg99, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction and furthermore that you were never contacted regarding this issue. Upon a professional and thorough inspection of the guest room and public areas on the day this issue was brought to our attention, a paid Ecolab Senior Service Specialist confirmed negative results for this claim. At a hotel level, we take statements like this very seriously and are 100% commited to the safety and satisfaction of all our guests. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns. I would be more than happy to discuss in more detail.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Myself and a co-worker stayed over at the Hilton Garden Inn in Annapolis, Maryland this past week while doing some work at a nearby office complex. From the moment we arrived the lady at the front desk gave us a warm greeting, and upon completing check-in she was very helpful in assisting us with a couple of recommendations about nearby restaurants. Next we asked about the hotel's amenities, but were a little disappointed that the pool and hot tub were both located outside in a state that's far enough north to close them for the winter. Granted, the distance from the office we were working out of combined with the price for the room was too good to be upset about the lack of an indoor hot tub.

So how was the room? Perfect! We got a room with two queen beds, both were incredibly comfortable. The pillows were incredibly fluffy and soft ensured a great night's sleep for both of us. Neither of us used the body pillow as far as I can remember.

My co-worker watched TV the entire week while I was mostly on my laptop so I can't speak for that, but the wireless and wired connections were fairly fast compared to most hotels I've stayed at. My one gripe there would be that the Hilton portal was incredibly finicky. Sometimes we'd return to our room and our devices (phones, tablets, laptops) would show we had a WiFi signal but it would drop about 5-10 minutes later and then force us to re-login after wondering why the connection was down. The hotel chain's IT staff should seriously consider a longer certificate/cookie time allowance as this began to be very annoying dealing with it for a week straight.

The bathroom area was as expected. Lots of towels, toiletries, soaps/lotion, hair dryer, etc. The water was also always hot in the morning. Again, everything was as expected.

The microwave came in handy one night for warming up a leftover snack and the fridge was perfect for both of us to store some beer for the week. Some hotel fridges are incredibly compact but this one was rather spacious.

Lastly, we only did the breakfast buffet one time. It was great that you could get hot food such as eggs, bacon, sausage, etc from the adjoining kitchen but when our bill came to something like 22.00 for the two of us I wasn't expecting that compared to how much we are or the buffet-quality of the food. Don't get me wrong it wasn't that the food was bad, it was just comparable to breakfast buffets at family restaurants. Perhaps the price just seemed high given the amount of food we actually ate. Maybe they could offer an ala-carte option?

All-in-all, this review is about the hotel... not it's made-to-order breakfast or it's spa area. My score of 5 stars is taking into consideration that we paid for a room with beds to sleep on an the rest was just a bonus for us. It was great stay and I truly have no real complaints to share. If we were to return to Annapolis, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for five days and were pleased with it. We had our coffee in the room every morning and used the refrigerator alot, to keep fruits, soda and yogurt. To have a refrigerator in the room is perfect! The hotel is in a quiet area. Overall very pleasant stay. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Every member of the staff we encountered were great-friendly and welcoming. We had requested (and received) an upper floor (4th), which can have a downside if elevators are slow, especially with several reunion groups making for what seemed to be a full hotel; but, we never had to wait and seldom even had to make interim stops! Two things kept this from being an "Excellent" rating: (1) a light bulb in the bathroom was out when we arrived-left a note for maid-no action-another note-finally, a call to the front desk got it changed by our last day; (2) smoke detector went off in middle of night-called front desk-no problem in hotel, so battery must be low-balanced precariously on furniture to reach and remove battery-front desk person said she'd leave note-nothing-finally, called again next afternoon and, quite promptly, a maintenance person came and installed a new battery.

Room Tip: If, like me, you prefer an upper floor, you don't have to worry about being frustrated by slow e...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ClearWater62
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We arrived at 9:30 PM on a Tuesday evening to check in and...there was no one around. I mean no one. There was no bell to ring or any way to really summon someone. After about 10 minutes, a hurried, somewhat irritable young lady appeared and rushed us through the check in process. It was odd--I'd never had an experience quite like that. The room itself was fine, but there was weird, piled up dirt in the light switches. We decided to try the breakfast, but I'd suggest skipping it: They seemed put out to actually make a "breakfast to order" (although they tout it). I asked for eggs over hard and ended up with an omelette thing. It was all okay, but, next time, we'll try someplace else. (One tip for the air conditioning units at Hilton Garden Inns: If you set the fan to the "on" setting, they won't cycle on and off and keep you awake.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank catt711
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed in a suite which was excellent, very large and very clean. The TV on demand was very helpful. All staff were very friendly. Evening meal and bespoke cooked breakfast were both delicious and good value. Annapolis is an easy drive from Washington airport and a delightful place to visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple