We traveled to Annapolis in August of 2012. I searched the best place to stay on tripadvisor as I always do. After much researching, I found this Hilton to have few reviews, but all very positive for the most part. When we arrived, we checked the room for cleanliness and found positive results. The problem started on the second night of our stay. My daughter woke up with multiple bug bites. While we paid no attention to this, anyone can get bites anywhere, it became alarming when on the next night, she had more as did I. This time we pulled the covers and thoroughly checked the bed for anything that might be causing the bites. We found nothing to cause alarm. The following night we had additional bites, but this time even my husband had bites. On Saturday morning, as we were preparing for check out, there it was in the middle of the bed, a bug. While I have no clue if it was a bed bug, it certainly looked like the pictures found online. I informed the front desk of our results and told the girl that she may not want to rent out the room until pest control investigates. I showed her the multiple big bites and a picture of the critter we took. She said she would close the room until further investigation and would inform the manager. At which point I reminded her of the roach I found walking on the wall the night before near the laundry room on the first floor. ( She was the attendant on duty the night before when I found the critter walking on the wall.). She stated that pest control would be called for both incidents. The next day when I contacted the manager, he had not been informed, which tells me they probably ignored my comments and rented the room regardless. We wrote a letter to corporate Hilton and have yet to hear from them, mind you it's been four months. Regardless of their lack of response, I wanted to make sure others are aware. So buyer beware of where you are staying! Here's the thing, the staff was friendly, location ideal and overall it was a positive experience. The bug thing was the killer! Satisfaction was not met in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis has 126 guest rooms equipped with plush bedding, free WiFi, 32-inch high definition TV and a hospitality center featuring a microwave, mini-refrigerator and coffee maker. Located just 4 miles from the US Naval Academy, our Annapolis hotel offers easy access to Baltimore/Washington and Washington National Airports. Our onsite Garden Grille(R) & Bar serves cooked-to-order breakfast and a delicious dinner each day and signature cocktails in the evenings. Families appreciate our outdoor pool while business travelers can keep up their routines at the 24-hour fitness center. Choose Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis for your next trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis Hotel Annapolis
- Annapolis Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Annapolis