Myself and a co-worker stayed over at the Hilton Garden Inn in Annapolis, Maryland this past week while doing some work at a nearby office complex. From the moment we arrived the lady at the front desk gave us a warm greeting, and upon completing check-in she was very helpful in assisting us with a couple of recommendations about nearby restaurants. Next we asked about the hotel's amenities, but were a little disappointed that the pool and hot tub were both located outside in a state that's far enough north to close them for the winter. Granted, the distance from the office we were working out of combined with the price for the room was too good to be upset about the lack of an indoor hot tub.
So how was the room? Perfect! We got a room with two queen beds, both were incredibly comfortable. The pillows were incredibly fluffy and soft ensured a great night's sleep for both of us. Neither of us used the body pillow as far as I can remember.
My co-worker watched TV the entire week while I was mostly on my laptop so I can't speak for that, but the wireless and wired connections were fairly fast compared to most hotels I've stayed at. My one gripe there would be that the Hilton portal was incredibly finicky. Sometimes we'd return to our room and our devices (phones, tablets, laptops) would show we had a WiFi signal but it would drop about 5-10 minutes later and then force us to re-login after wondering why the connection was down. The hotel chain's IT staff should seriously consider a longer certificate/cookie time allowance as this began to be very annoying dealing with it for a week straight.
The bathroom area was as expected. Lots of towels, toiletries, soaps/lotion, hair dryer, etc. The water was also always hot in the morning. Again, everything was as expected.
The microwave came in handy one night for warming up a leftover snack and the fridge was perfect for both of us to store some beer for the week. Some hotel fridges are incredibly compact but this one was rather spacious.
Lastly, we only did the breakfast buffet one time. It was great that you could get hot food such as eggs, bacon, sausage, etc from the adjoining kitchen but when our bill came to something like 22.00 for the two of us I wasn't expecting that compared to how much we are or the buffet-quality of the food. Don't get me wrong it wasn't that the food was bad, it was just comparable to breakfast buffets at family restaurants. Perhaps the price just seemed high given the amount of food we actually ate. Maybe they could offer an ala-carte option?
All-in-all, this review is about the hotel... not it's made-to-order breakfast or it's spa area. My score of 5 stars is taking into consideration that we paid for a room with beds to sleep on an the rest was just a bonus for us. It was great stay and I truly have no real complaints to share. If we were to return to Annapolis, we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis has 126 guest rooms equipped with plush bedding, free WiFi, 32-inch high definition TV and a hospitality center featuring a microwave, mini-refrigerator and coffee maker. Located just 4 miles from the US Naval Academy, our Annapolis hotel offers easy access to Baltimore/Washington and Washington National Airports. Our onsite Garden Grille(R) & Bar serves cooked-to-order breakfast and a delicious dinner each day and signature cocktails in the evenings. Families appreciate our outdoor pool while business travelers can keep up their routines at the 24-hour fitness center. Choose Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis for your next trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis Hotel Annapolis
- Annapolis Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Annapolis