“Clean, affordable, and convenient.”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
“Clean, affordable, and convenient.”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stopped here on our way to Bethany Beach to split the drive into 2 days. We have a five month old and needed a place to stop and regroup! The hotel was very clean and welcoming. There was a lot of open space in our room, which made it great to set up our child's pack n play. The front desk help was great! We needed some information on local spots to visit and they not only recommended some great places, but highlighted a map for us of the fastest routes to get from here to there! We may make this a yearly trip as our experience was so positive!

• Stayed July 2012
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Theamariet:

First let me say, sorry for the delay in responding to your review.

I wanted to take the time and thank you for sharing your comments during your past stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis. We take a lot of pride in providing a service that will allow you to enjoy your stay. I'm happy to read that you found our rooms clean and spacious and also that our team was able to provide you with some nice local spots for your family to take in while you were on your way to the beach! We definitely hope to see you and your family again next year!

Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We spent two nights at HGI and were very pleased. The room was nicely decorated, clean and very spacious. It was nice having the extra space after traveling for a week with two teenagers. The staff was extremely friendly and efficient despite the unexpected filling to capacity of the hotel with people escaping the heat during an extended power outage in the area. The hotel was also very convenient to downtown Annapolis. Breakfast was very pricey for mediocre quality though. All of the other places we stayed on this two week trip, breakfast was included, so it was a little disappointing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Tracy C.

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor regarding your most recent stay! We appreciate all the feedback and thank you for your kind comments. I regret to hear that you didn't enjoy our breakfast and found it not to be worth the price. We are very sorry, we are trying to increase our quality and deliver a better product. I hope the next time you're in Annapolis, you'll give us another chance to show you we have listened to your feedback and improved!

Again, thank you for your time.

CHAPEL HILL
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Just returned from spending 2 nights there. The hotel was sold out, but never appeared overcrowded. I'm very particular about how clean my hotel rooms are, and was very impressed here.

Maggielil:

Thank you for your comments! I am very happy we lived up to your expectations in regards to cleanliness! Our mission is to be the Cleanest and Friendliest hotel. We take a lot of pride in our rooms. I'm going to make sure I spread your comments to our Housekeeping team and deliver some good recognition.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Just spent 2 nights at HGI and it was just average. It was quiet until the lacrosse team+ showed up for their tournament. The staff tried, but it's hard to control children when parents are not involved or care what their children are doing.

The hotel was clean, staff was great and I think the hotel is normally quiet. I wished they served a continental breakfast free (like Hampton) for those who don't want the omelet $10.95 breakfast. I guess that's a Hilton issue.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Smoky5:

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor! We always welcome feedback from our Guests. I can understand when you are traveling, you want a quiet and clean room and it can be frustrating when there are a lot of kids running around the hotel. We did have a lot of LAX teams in house and we did do our best to keep everyone from being distracted, but yet still have a good time. Unfortunately we didn't get it done 100%, for that I apologize. We have definitely learned from this past weekend and will do a better job staffing accordingly to be able to address more noise issues.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration. We hope that when you come back to Annapolis, you give the Hilton Garden Inn another chance to show you we are normally a quiet hotel!

410-266-9006 x 7002
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Made reservations months in advance. I am a Hilton honors gold card customer. Booked 2 rooms, non smoking with request for 2 beds in each room. Checked in. Gave me 2 smoking rooms - they stunk to high heaven with only 1 bed in each room. Staff told me they were booked full so no chance of changing rooms. This is how they treat a gold card customer. If the honors program doesn't protect against this, then what good is it. Absolutely terrible service. Will never stay at a Hilton Garden Inn again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dpwheeler
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dpwheeler:

First let me say thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the feedback that we get from our Guests because you tell us what we are doing right and what we need to work on. After reading your comments, we obviously dropped the ball with you stay! I can understand that when you book a room, you expect to get what you booked. As well as being a Gold member with Hilton, you expect a certain service, because you travel extensively through out the year.

I am very sorry that we did not live up to the Hilton name and we did not provide with an acceptable service. I have already discussed your stay with all of our team members here and we will get ourselves in order! I know you said you will never stay at another Hilton Garden Inn again, but I would ask that you give the brand another shot. I can understand if you don't choose our hotel again, but please give the Hilton Garden Inn another shot, it's a great product.

I would also like to speak to you in more detail, if you would spare a moment of your time. Please if you have a moment, I really would like to apologize to you in person.

Again, thank you for filling out a comment on TripAdvisor.

410-266-9006 x 7002
Cincinnati
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed here while attending the Chesapeake Blues Fest. The fest had reserved a block of rooms for the VIP ticket holders so the price was right and we had free breakfast passes. The staff could not have been more helpful. My husband had trouble with the TV setup and the night front desk person came to our room and walked him thru it. The breakfast had a buffet and a few items cooked to order items. I had an omelet one morning which was very good. There is a big CVS across the street.Rooms were comfortable and clean. The area felt very safe. We can't wait to visit again. Great staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Starglazer:

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor! We appreciate all the feedback we can get from our Guests because it helps us find out what we need to work on and what we are excelling at.

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay while attending the Blues Fest. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Thanks!

Tampa Bay, Florida
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis. My jacuzzi suite was wonderful (it even had a guest bath room), with a comfortable bed, great jacuzzi and lots of room. The staff was very friendly. Great value. I've stayed there before and I'll stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank texigator
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Texigator:

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! We appreciate all the feedback we can get from our Guests, I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your suite and found the staff friendly and accommodating. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn while you were in Annapolis and we look forward to seeing you again!

Enthusiastically,