“Great Stay in Annapolis”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This was our first trip down to Annapolis and my wife and I had a great time. This Hilton Garden Inn was worth the price. The young woman at the front desk was great during the check-in process. Very nice and informative. Good sized, clean and comfortable room, with fridge and microwave. The outdoor pool and hot tub was great. Nice size and well kept.

Wireless Internet was free and performed well.

Location was close to downtown Annapolis and the Annapolis Town Centre was right down the street.

Will definitely stay here again when back in the area.

Only issue would be that there were no free breakfast options. Just a continental for 6 bucks and full breakfast for 11 bucks.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

TonyCash72:

Sorry for the delayed follow up, but I still had to send you a quick thank you! We really appreciate the feedback we get from our Guests! You guys are the ones who let us know what we're doing right and what we need to improve on.

I'm glad that you found value for the price you paid at our hotel. We're also glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

Also, the internet was just upgraded, so I'm glad to hear you found it to be working well. That is something we've put a lot of effort into getting it to where it needs to be so you and our other Guests can function.

As far as breakfast goes, we are not doing the continental anymore. We have a full-cooked to order breakfast for $10.95 or if you're looking for something a little lighter we offer a $3.00 a la carte.

We look forward to seeing you and your wife next time you're in Annapolis!

GM

Reviewed July 11, 2011

My family and I recently stayed here for a weekend get a way. We felt from the value we paid, that we got not only a great clean room, that the staff took great care of us. The staff was attentive and they had all the answers to our questions! We wanted to take a day trip to DC and they young lady at the front desk knew DC so well and gave us so many great tips on where to go. If we come back to Annapolis, we will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Pennlane:

I'm glad to hear that you found your stay to be enjoyable and worth the price you paid. I'm also happy to hear that we were able to give you good directions and suggestions for DC. I know how difficult it can be trying to navigate around a city you've never been to before. I'm actually from Ann Arbor, MI and when I moved to Annapolis I had the same questions you probably had about DC.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and your past stay.

We look forward to seeing you again if you decide to visit Annapolis again.

GM

Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is a reasonable place in regards to distance from town (about 10 min) and is in close proximity to shopping/dining out of the waterfront area. The room was clean and spacious. I would recommend skipping their breakfast offering (it ran $6-10) that is set up in the lobby/entrance, and go find Hard Bean Cafe and Book Store,or one of the other local places with character and atmosphere. It has a nice pool and is a pleasant, safe property. Overall, I enjoyed it as my "base camp" for visiting beautiful Annapolis.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank PuffinFan
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

PuffinFan:

I just wanted to take the time out and thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor! We appreciate every response we receive because your reviews let us know what we're doing right and what we need to correct.

I'm happy to see that you found our hotel to be reasonably priced and that our location wasn't too far from downtown. We're glad you found our rooms to be clean and provided enough space for you while you were visiting Annapolis.

I hope that next time you're in town that you give our breakfast a chance, but I completely understand that when you're in Annapolis, you want to eat somewhere that has the "Annapolis" culture and feel to it.

Again, I want to say thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Annapolis.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

The room was filthy. Dirty diaper in trash can (imagine the smell), crumbs and liquid on table and dresser tops. Dirty towels in bathroom and bed was not changed. Our romantic weekend was ruined.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pa17011
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

PA 17011:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take your comments seriously because they let us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. Obviously in this case we need to work on 2 things. 1) our cleanliness and 2) our communication.

You should have never been checked into that room as it was still dirty, for that I am very sorry. I can tell you that we do not operate like this on a daily basis and I'm very embarrassed of our lack of communication. To have that slip by us, which caused you to be put in that situation while you were staying at our hotel is unacceptable. As you put it, you would never think of receiving that experience from a Hilton product.

As a TEAM we all take the blame for your troubles and we will use your review as an example when we coach and counsel from this situation, so that we learn from this incident and to prevent this from happening in the future.

I would be more than happy to discuss this matter over the phone in further detail.

Again, I want to say thank you for your time and consideration.

410-266-9006

Reviewed June 14, 2011

The Hotel has a great location, but what mede the difference are the polite and efficient employees,
I will be back soon!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Scarperia:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel!

I love to use reviews for motivation with our team here at the Hilton Garden Inn.

I'm glad that you found our hotel's location was convenient during your stay and that you found our associates to be friendly and efficient!

We hope to see you again next time you're visiting Annapolis.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked a romantic getaway for our anniversary, including welcome champagne and breakfast.
Everything was ready, top notch, comfortable and reasonably priced. The late afternoon warm cookies were a nice extra touch.
We didn't have dinner at the hotel b/c we know Annapolis well and went to the waterfront -- but breakfast starts early, runs late, and is comprehensive and tasty.
It's maybe 4 miles from the waterfront, but w what you save for the room -- and parking -- it's a very fine alternative.
The TV has more channels in higher quality than perhaps any other place we've ever stayed.

Room Tip: Stay here, eat DT 4 best of both worlds, $ of 1.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Roadrunner 32:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel while you were visiting Annapolis!

We really appreciate all the feedback we can get because it lets us know what we're doing right and what we need to improve on.

I'm very happy that you were able to find value in our romance package and that our breakfast was tasty.

I will be sharing your comments with our team to serve as a great piece of motivation!

We hope to see you again next time you're in Annapolis.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

This was our first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, we usually stay at Hampton Inns, however this Garden Inn seemed to get better reviews and the price was comparable to the Hampton in same area. We found this hotel to be comparable in many ways to a Hampton. It is nice to know that Hilton Brands are consistent in giving great quality, service and cleanliness. It was very clean! The rooms were nice size (bathroom was a little small). Our room had a nice cabinet that housed the mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, and ice bucket with a nice size counter. A small restaurant was in the lobby and breakfast, dinner and drinks were offered for a price. We did not eat at this restaurant but we enjoyed drinks in the lobby. The room had plenty of outlets to charge all our gadgets. Michael and Amanda were very helpful and the girl tending bar was very friendly. Location was convenient to stores, restaurants and only a few minute drive to downtown Annapolis. Comparing the price to the downtown historic hotels this was a far better deal. They offered Zip Out/Check Out - which we've done before but with this you pushed a button on your phone before leaving it and kept your key cards in the room. I did this and I can only hope it worked - the phone did not do anything to confirm the process. The only things I would caution you on is that the desk chair is strange, if you lean back in it you feel like it is going to tip backwards - very scary feeling. And the desk light was to big and it shines the light in your eyes no matter how you position it. The people above us must have had 2 small children with them because we could hear running across the room but that settled down after a few minutes and we didn't hear it again until about 7:30 am, so that wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DeeDeePA
HGI_GM_Annapolis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

Dee1Dee:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your past stay at the Hilton Garden Inn while you were visiting Annapolis. We are very excited that you chose our hotel as your first Hilton Garden Inn experience! We hope that you choose the Hilton Garden Inn brand again, next time you're traveling.

Best Regards.