Pirate Adventures on the Chesapeake

Edward B
Darla Lehnert

168darlal
via mobile

All reviews water cannons pirate pete face painting pirate ship year olds kids will love great family activity kids involved great for kids awesome adventure annapolis harbor all ages these guys lots of fun gift shop tattoos treasure
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We hAve taken both our grandsons on the Pirate Adventure. Years after they still talk excitedly about the water canoning of Pirate Pete, of the treasures and jewels they brought back, the Pirate costumes, the tatoos, the souvenurs, and looking out for the treasure chest.

We still look at the dozens of photos, play dress up with the Pirate hats and bandanas, .three to four years later! GREAT family outing, convenient lots of parking and JUST Plain fun!!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

My grandaughter loved the adventure. There was a gift shop where we bought a sword and mermaid. The staff were very professional.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

On a nice day (which it was), the cruise around Annapolis is just as enjoyable for the adults as for the kids. Enjoy the sights and the water, and laugh while the kids have a blast. Would have been better if the employees were in costume, except for one "pirate", all the employees on our boat were just in t-shirts and shorts. I don't think the kids cared at all, but it would have made it even more believable and fun.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

The Pirate Adventure is strictly for kids, probably 10 and under, but they absolutely love it. The ride around Annapolis Harbor and in the Chesapeake is a delight, and the ship is safe and clean. And defending the ship with water canon is truly a highlight for the kids.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

We had a sudden change of plans one Saturday and ended up on this awesome trip! The staff was amazing with the kids. So much fun. Very interactive and every kid got to participate. The face painting and tattoos were a great touch. Can't wait to go again!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My granddaughters were in town and we went on a pirate adventure! It was their favorite thing they did while in Annapolis- and we did a lot! The captain and crew were amazing and the girls were sucked in to every moment! Fantastic!

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Unfortunately, we, along with several states, were stuck with almost a week's worth of odd rain-sprinkle-slice of sun-storm-flood rinse, repeat weather. We were vacationing on the Eastern Shore and tried to guess as to which day was the least likely to be a complete wash and rolled the dice. It happened to be $5 day so if it did rain, we wouldn't lose much except the hour drive to and from. I planned on reserving so it was risky to do both bad weather and a first come first serve no reservation $5 day, but the lady on the phone had a lot of openings for two time slots so we went for it.

Sadly, we only got to have an abbreviated experience (boarding the ship late) because they saw a system coming in and were trying to avoid us getting caught in it, though we were poured on and had to return early anyway. They were more than willing to give customers their money back which is unusually kind because even though it was an abbreviated experience, kids still got to have fun with dress up, going on the ship, and getting treasure at the end. We did not ask for our money back.

What impressed me most for our experience was the rare, outstanding customer service both with willing to refund money and more importantly, their willingness to accommodate one of my children with life-threatening food allergies. Though there was no food, dress up was a concern because he can't put things on his body and definitely not his face other kids have worn or face paint that brushes have touched faces of other kids. I was concerned he'd feel left out of this part and emailed to ask if they had an alternative or something like an unopened eye patch. Though I really wished they signed their name to an email so I could refer to a person once there, it wasn't a problem when I arrived. I went in nervous and left with a smile in my heart for their kindness. Ruby and the young lady at the cash register were completely awesome and did not skip a beat or look confused when I mentioned his condition. So often, he simply can't safely participate due to what all of us need and most of us take for granted, food, so this adventure wasn't only fantastic for kids in general, but also for kids with food allergies and I imagine most kids with medical conditions or disabilities. High marks for this dear, friendly pirate company!

All of the staff were super great with kids and genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs, which was refreshing. I agree with a previous review in that it is ideal for ages 4-8. They really tried to get all of the kids involved with extra efforts to the more reserved kids, which was nice. My twin six year old children loved it and though my 9 year old wasn't as into it, he had fun once on the ship. Fun for adults too.

When we went over favorite parts of the whole vacation, this was in my top three due to how awesome the staff were. Thanks so much and keep doing what you do!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

My kids loved it from start to finish. There wasn't a dull moment. Everything was fun and the characters were funny. There were fun surprises as the show went along. The whole thing was very well organized.

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Beyond a ship ride, the crew brought a complete pirate adventure/performance to life! The 6-year-old girl I was with was enthralled with the adventure and mystery that surrounded her. She hasn’t stopped talking about it, yet!

The show is definitely geared toward kids 4-8 years old. And the crew did a fantastic job performing to them and encouraging imaginative play. Captain Spike and Mel were awesome with the kiddos!!!

Parents, don’t be surprised when the kids board the ship before you and are sat upfront away from you a bit. It’s not that big of a ship, so you can always see the child. It’s safe and everyone has a great time.

The adventure includes face painting, learning pirate speak, finding treasure, heave-ho’ing a ship flag and using water canons on Pirate Pete. Very hands on and interactive!

She is asking to go back!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The pirate ship in Annapolis rocks it for kids. From the minute you arrive, the staff of friendly pirates entertain even the most timid kids. Very reasonably priced, seemed super safe, lots of fun. The crew is happy and make every effort to keep kids smiling!