“Probably the best kids activity I have done in a long time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pirate Adventures on the Chesapeake

Pirate Adventures on the Chesapeake
Ranked #4 of 30 Tours in Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Adventures on the Chesapeake is a unique, unforgettable experience for your child aboard a pirate ship in the Annapolis Harbor. You will be amazed as we tap into your child's imagination and transform him or her into a pirate, complete with face paint, tattoos, and pirate fashions. Time aboard our ship is filled with non-stop activity, including reading a treasure map, hauling loot aboard, and, of course, defending the ship with our famous water cannons.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Meribel, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Probably the best kids activity I have done in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My sister and I took our two families 4 kids (5-8) on this trip and I have to say THIS WAS PROBABLY THE BEST KIDS ACTIVITY I have done in a long time. The parents are just spectators in a a funny and engaging activity designed for the kids. They give them names, dress them up, do tattoos, teach them pirate talk, all before getting on the boat. You can tell the team loves working together, because they played off each other in a very funny way. All the while extremely safety conscious. To give you an example, to get from the shop to the boat you cross a little parking lot: they had them lurking like pirates while someone else was on watch out for any cars.
It has already been mentioned, but the boat actually sails out into the water for a "water attack" (kids don't get wet) on another pirate and a search for a treasure chest. Anyway, I would highly recommend this activity.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth R

Natsfandc
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Pirate Fun in Annapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great experience with pirate dress-up for kids followed by a short pirate cruise. My kids-- 4 and 7 yrs old loved every minute. Highly interactive experience and the crew keep the things like and quick paced to keep the kids interested in all of the activities.

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Ahoy Pirates!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you are in Annapolis or even the Washington DC metro area with kids, don't be lazy-get up and visit the Pirate Adventure on the Chesapeake.

The whole operation is incredible and by far the best spent $18 to keep a young kid busy and entertained. The crew is by far the best on the East Coast-trust me, we have done them all from Boston down to Naples, FL. Captain Craby and Captain Ruby are the best, but if you get Rusty- you are up for a treat. He is entertaining not only for the kids but also for the adults and what makes it really special-he is really into it and you can tell he loves what he is doing.

Try it!

Visited October 2012
md usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ahoy Matey! Aaarrg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My daughter and nephew (6 yrsold) had a ball. The ship actually sails out of port. It was a real adventure. The crew was fantastic and amazing. My mom and I enjoyed the cruise. They dress your kids up like pirates including mustaches, scars and tattoos. The actually go on an adventure looking for treasure, along the way they encounter a message in a bottle, mermaid, a pirate, a X and a pirate. We throughly enjoyed this adventure. It is a definate must due. Planning to do it again.

Visited September 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“One Of The Best Kid Friendly Attractions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I took our two kids (8 yr girl and 5 yr boy) plus two of their friends (7 yr girl and 6 yr boy) on the ship. The kids had an AMAZING time! My husband and I were amazed at how well the entire crew interacted with the kids, especially with the 6 yr old boy who is extremely active and (I thought) sometimes got in the way. As soon as we got off the ship, the kids were clamoring to go back again. It was great to sit back and watch the kids be completely immersed in the activities! We will definitely be going back!

Visited September 2012