“Fast service on a busy night. Good food for the money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lemongrass
Ranked #53 of 347 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington, Virginia
“Fast service on a busy night. Good food for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Had dinner at Lemongrass one evening while visiting Annapolis with my daughters. Super and quick service on a busy Saturday evening. Food was ok - not outstanding but just ok. Very authentic. We had Pad Thai which my girls enjoyed. As a starter, we had the steamed buns with pork filling - they were very very good!

Visited August 2012

New Jersey
“Good, solid Thai Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I dined here last week during my trip to the Annapolis area. It was a Wednesday night, and yet the place was fairly crowded which seemed like it could be a good sign. We sat outside in the shade.

Service was prompt, professional, and overall top-notch. We were shocked (in a good way) by how quickly our food came out. I had the Crispy Duck and it was a very fine dish. My wife's Pad Thai was also very good. Was it the best Thai food I've ever had? No, it was not. But that is not really the point here. I thought it was a very good dining experience at a very reasonable price. Also, when we showed up about 7pm we were able to find parking about a block away without too much difficulty.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Eat before you come.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is the second visit this year. The first was on a Friday and this time on a Monday for dinner. This place is quite popular as we waited for over half an hour both times. There is no ambience as the place is crowded and packed like sardines in a can. Because of that, do not expect attentive service. The server was pleasant but overloaded. It was 15 minutes before someone came by to take the order. Also because of the crowd, there is no romantic whisper here. You have to shout I love you.
But we are here to eat.
The prices are reasonable ranging 11-15 and more for entrees. The dishes come out hot though it took awhile after we had ordered (again the crowd factor). Typical Thai's portion are notorious for being small but this is the smallest we had ever seen. This time was even less than the first time we came couple months back. The rice come in a tiny bowl that is not filled. We had been to places where lunch portion was twice what we received. But looking around, other diners plate are not much more.
The dishes however are very aromatic and well done. But the chef must have 32 sweet tooth as all the dishes are quite sugary. None of the dishes are very spicy but I think this is to accomodate our american tastebud.
So, for the long wait, the little amount of food, the inattentive service because of the crowd, we will skip this restaurant the next time we crave for some Thai's.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Big bang for the buck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Excellent food at a great price. Need i say more? It says I need 50 characters or more, so...

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Steve T
Annapolis, Maryland
“Food is decent, has been better, service is so so”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

This has been the best Thai food in town. With friends or my spouse, I"ve been a regular in the past. The last couple of times, the foods gone from great to decent. The waitstaff, always eclectic has gone from good service, to "you are interrupting my social time with my friends and co-workers." The last time I went, the waiters were helping a friend take video of people eating their meals...all without asking permission of the customers. For the food, I'l like to give it a better rating, but the service really has gone down.

Visited April 2012