“Used to Be Great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wild Orchid Cafe - CLOSED

The Wild Orchid Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West St./Spa Rd.
Claremont, California
“Used to Be Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Wild Orchid used to be my favorite restaurant in Annapolis until they changed locations to West Street. Now, it seems like any other high-priced, higher-end generic restaurant. It's lost its appeal, unfortunately.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Samantha F

Annapolis, Maryland
“Worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

First visit to The Wild Orchid Cafe. We had reservations for 6 p.m. on a Friday evening. I have a cast on my right leg, so arrived on a knee scooter. Very friendly reception. The hostess offered a pillow for me to rest my cast on, and sat us at the perfect table to accomodate my cast. Service was great -- our server was knowledgeable and friendly. We had an appetizer of 6 roasted oysters in a bacon/butter sauce. They were very good, but the oysters were very small -- or perhaps only a portion of them made it onto the shell. We each ordered the Fixed-Price dinner for $39.00 per person -- choice of soup and salad and an entree. We both had the butternut squash soup with lump crabmeat. As our server indicated, "it's heaven in a bowl." I had the roasted beet salad and my date had the Wild Orchid salad. Both were yummy. He had the strip steak and I had the scallops (a signature dish). We shared our entrees and our own surf and turf. Had 3 glasses of wine between us, a large bottle of sparkling water, and 2 coffees. Bill came to $146 before tip. Pricey, yes...but worth it. The food was fresh and portions were good. I've heard others complain about the "cold" atmosphere, but I enjoyed the modern decor and the music (Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, etc) was great. We'll definitely return!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
West River, Maryland
“Daytime Service Needs Help, Oh and the food was just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I like to try new places for lunch first before we go to dinner there, if possible. So my wife and I try this place for lunch on a Saturday. They only had one server working the whole dinning room, while we were there. We also notice that the booth and table we were seated at was not exactly clean of crumbs. It looked like the server who closed the night before was in a hurry, no one on the morning shift took an interest in ensuring that the table were properly cleaned. Service was slow, like they weren't ready to open. As for the food, my wife and I start their signature soup, which was very good, but very expensive. As for the entrees, for the price they were very average tasting. We also were talked in to dessert, which could have been a pre-packaged apple pie heated in a micro-wave, however the ice cream on the pie was very good. We were not too impress and are not likely to return, especial it was over $40 for lunch for barely adequate service and food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank snugharbor2
Maryland
“Lovely venue, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We had the rehearsal brunch for our daughter & son-in-law here and not only was the food great, the mimosa and bloody Mary bar before hand was a great hit with everyone. The service was terrific, and we were warmly welcomed, and the menu selection was a hit with everyone. Overall, we couldn't have been happier with our choice of the Wild Orchid Cafe for this event! We would definitely return for lunch or dinner.

Hughesville, MD
“A good Living Social deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I paid $25 to get $50 through a Living Social deal for dinner The Wild Orchid restaurant. I did not visit their previous restaurant in the cottage others on trip advisor refer to so I was not comparing their new place to their old. First time visiting and my husband and I enjoyed it. We made reservations for 5:00p Sunday night and arrived promptly. There were two other tables eating when we arrived. We were seated immediately by a young friendly girl. Our waitor was the only waitor there and came to us immediately upon us being seated. I ordered coffee and he said he would brew a fresh pot for me. The menu selection was not large but enough of a variety to suit most people. We each chose the three course meal consisting of choice of soup, salad and entree for $39. I had the squash and crab soup, my husband had the shrimp bisque. Both soups were delicious. I found the atmosphere to be comfortable, yes dark but I felt it was romantic. I had the salad with the pear and gorgonzola, seemed to have enough dressing once you stirred it a bit. My husband had the beet salad. I had the Cedar Run Farm’s Pork bacon wrapped tenderloin with maple whipped sweet potatoes, braised country greens, caramel Ginger Demi-Glace. My husband had Local Rockfish Imperial farm raised stripe bass with imperial crab, root vegetable, spinach sauté. We both loved the dishes and thought each were cruise boat worthy. (You know what I mean if you have dined on a cruise boat in the dinningroom). We were too full for dessert. The food came out in perfect time for us. We did not feel rushed to eat each course and the next course did not linger. We arrived at 5:00p and left at 6:00p. We both enjoyed our visit and the food was wonderful. However, the prices would have been more than I wished to have paid without the help of the living social voucher. I would return but only for a special occasion.

• Visited January 2013