“Convenient and Very nice stay! with our dog!!!”
Review of Westin Annapolis

Westin Annapolis
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Braunfels
“Convenient and Very nice stay! with our dog!!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

The Westin in Annapolis is in a great location for going out to eat, drink, and tour the city. My family and I were able to walk to many different great restaurants and bars, and then hotel even had bikes that you could borrow free of charge to ride around the town in! And the best part was, they are a dog-friendly hotel so we were able to bring our favorite family member with us without any problems!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Annville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The staff was over-the-top in a good way. Rooms are open, airy and super-clean. Free shuttle service if needed. Small lounge/bar in lobby area and attached Morton's Steakhouse (everything looked good but we didn't eat or drink at either place). The outstanding Heavenly Bed and Shower are present, despite being next the the road it's very quiet. Located in a great spot for walking around Annapolis to see the sights, find restaurants and shopping. The parking staff are fast and friendly.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed September 28, 2009

A nice hotel with very quiet rooms. This new hotel is in a good location for Navy football fans and in the center of Annapolis. Easy check in and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I was looking forward to staying for a relaxing weekend with my partner at this hotel. I spend a lot of time at the Westin Grand in DC and I'm always pleased.

For days before I arrived in Annapolis I had been receiving emails asking me if I wanted to upgrade. So when i was checking in I asked if there were any upgrades available. I meant to pay for it. Before I got to the end of my sentence the incredibly ignorant receptionist interrupted to say none were available. She then barked that she wanted photo id and a credit card. This woman was so stupid she couldn't find the picture page in my passport. I had to take it from her to show her where it was.

We were given a room for wheelchair user but not on a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) floor even though I am one. I made the mistake of not checking the shower when I went to the room. If I had I would have found there wasn't one! It was a tub with a detachable hose. Not a shower for a six foot man.

I went back to reception and this time there was a person with a brain and personality there and he immediately moved us to a SPG floor and a proper room. He did redeem the reputation of the hotel.

One thing I would love to hear a response from Westin on is how they justify charging an internet fee for each lap top rather than per room. They even try to do this in DC where it's not WIFI. That is only one lap top can be used at once but they still wanted to charge twice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2009

We checked in to the Westin for 2 days of meetings. The Hotel was spotless and apparently fairly new. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms were spotless and beds we great.

The hotel has a bar, restaurant (which I didn't get to eat at) and a Morton's steak house, which was excellent.

We had 2 days of meetings in the otel which were catered by the Westin. The food was excellent and the service was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My wife and I stayed here Saturday, August 29, 2009. We chose the location because it is easy walking distance to the Navy Memorial Stadium, which is the start and finish of the Annapolis 10-miler. The hotel was super comfortable, and the staff were great. Besides being near the stadium, it is an easy walk to the downtown area, too. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Annapolis
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I stayed at the Westin Annapolis, Because The Loews Hotel was Sold Out. Now I understand why everyone wants to stay at the Loews.

The Valet Staff at the Westin were the only employees that stood out to me. When I arrived, I kept thinking that I left something in my car; I asked what shall I do If I need to get back in my car. He informed me to just call the Valet Desk. When I arrived to my room I realized I forgot something, and went back down to the valet desk, and the guy said "I knew that was going to happen, So I left it out for you, for a few minutes" That was extremely Nice. A Small gesture, But it meant a lot. (The Valet working Sept 2nd around 10pm) The Check-in experience was just average and I felt like they could have been more engaging or even cared that I was coming to there hotel. They didnt confirm any information I had on the reservation or familarize me with the hotel or the area. I had to ask all the questions and "fish" for the information, When I got to the room, The Key didnt work, (It happens); In the restroom I found a piece of hair on the Vanity, then found another on the toilet, then found another on the floor, which lead to me picking up 11 pieces of hair in the bathroom; and Im not exagerating. The bathroom needed special attention!. I asked for a wake up call, for 6am; Margeee (i think her name is) asked me would I like a second wake up call at 6:15 which was nice so I said yes. I only received 1 Wake up call at 6am, not 6:15am which was making me run late. For Room service, I asked for it to be delivered in between 6am-6:15am, At 6:30am I called down to cancel because I had to go. Then 2 minutes later Room Service Called confirming my order. I informed sharonda she was late and I had to go....Then I asked her is it ready? She said yes and I asked her to pack-it up to go. The Quality of the food is Poor. When I called down to the Front Desk to give my concerns I was told the Manager wont be in until 9am and I could leave a message. I know it was only 8am in the morning, but at a full service hotel why isnt there anyone that can be able to speak to and accomodate guests needs.

P.S. I LOVE THE WHITE TEA THEME!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo