“Nice rooms, good location, dog-friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Westin Annapolis
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
washington, dc
“Nice rooms, good location, dog-friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

My husband and I took our 8-year-old and our dog for a quick getaway trip to Annapolis on February 21 and enjoyed our one night at The Westin Annapolis. The hotel feels new - so new, in fact, that construction is still underway in the parking garage and on the main level near the garage elevators. The hotel is the cornerstone of a new residential/retail development, and while not all the retail spaces are filled, it was nice to have a few dining choices within a few steps of the hotel. (There is a Mortons in the hotel, and an Irish pub and a delicious Italian restaurant just across the courtyard.) The room was clean and modern and included a plasma TV. The beds were, as always, very comfortable. We swam in the indoor pool, which is all one depth and perfect for kids, and used the gym. We also walked from the hotel to the waterfront . The walk took about 15 minutes. Traffic along the route is heavy and moves very quickly and the sidewalks are relatively narrow. The hotel does offer a shuttle, though, so that might be a better option for others with children. The hotel address isn't recognized by GPS, so you will need to call for an alternate address and/or driving directions.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dobbinDC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

My experience with this hotel was HORRIBLE! I booked a room from Westin's website in Oct '08 for a one night stay in Nov'08, which was for my husband & my wedding night. When we arrived at the desk to check in, we were told they overbooked & that they would send us down the street to O'Callahan's, assuring us that it was a very nice, comparable hotel. Had I known we would be "booted", perhaps I would have thought twice about spending over $2000 in one of their hotel restaurants for our reception dinner. As we waited, the men were very unprofessional as they were dealing with a woman on the phone, saying they were going to transfer her to a line for Alcoholics Anonymous!

Upon checking in to O'Callahan's, we were dismayed at the condition of the room to say the least. (If Westin considers O'Callahan's comparable, they must not think highly of their own establishment at all.) My new husband & I were left to go home on our wedding night after looking forward for a month to a romantic night in a "wonderful, new" hotel.

To add insult to injury, I ended up having to file a dispute through my credit card company because after two weeks past our intended stay, they still had not removed the charge from my card. I called several times only to be told I had been charged through whichever website I had booked on. When I responded that I had booked through THEIR site, I was met with only silence.

My husband & I both tried contacting the hotel to complain only to be ignored. We went one step further & contacted Starwood, which landed us right back in touch with "Brian" who did nothing for us to begin with.

Sadly, my husband & I will never have another wedding night, but I can assure you that on our 15 day honeymoon this May in London, we will NOT be staying in any Starwood hotel. The only consolation I have is knowing that although good reviews travel fast, bad reviews travel faster.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — Where do I begin?
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MarylandJaneQPublic
Columbia, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2008

The hotel event planner was ineffectual. The "restaurant" was not the perfect location for an event. People could not get around the tables to get to the food; and the areas around the tables were too small to stand around and talk. The "restaurant" is too disjoined for any event were people need to mingle. Sections of the "restaurant" were either too cold or too hot; and the separate dance room was too hot and small for dancing. Forks for desert never appeared even after asking staff.

• Stayed December 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

Read the trip advisor reviews and decided to book the Westin. The facility is just over one year old and is still in new condition. It was the quietest stay in my entire life, we loved that! The indoor pool was lovely, heated and clean. A series of minor miscues kept us from rating the hotel as excellent. This included the following; we wre checked in to our room incorrectly, while taking a nap some other guests tried entering the room. They were given the same room we were in, the latch kept them out. We were on the 5th floor. One of the two elevators was not running twice during the time we needed them . We left our room at 9am and upon returning at 4pm the room was still unmade. Lastly, I ordered an in room movie, it was scrambled and required a call to the front desk for them to "reboot" their system. None of these are major items but at $189 a night, plus all issues combined took them down from outstanding, to a very good place to stay.

• Liked — Very Quiet, offer a shuttle to downtown area.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank joeworf
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

Booked on Hotwire for $99/ night. Stayed in October for the Sailboat show and will be staying again. The hotel layout was easy and unique. We found that parking in the garage for $10/day was the easiest for our trip. Everything you need in within a few blocks and Dock street (this area is a must visit to shop and dine) is within an easy 10 minute walk. there are lots of shops on the way that you don't want to miss. Going to Annapolis this is a must stay for anyone.

• Liked — location and service
  • Disliked — large underground parking garage
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank landandsea1
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

I stayed here the night before I got married, had my wedding reception here and I stayed here that night. As far as the catering staff went, we had one gentleman drop the ball. We tasted food, 8 days before the wedding amongst other issues. However, once we got in touch with the manager and corporate Westin, these issues were resolved. The hotel is new and has beautiful decor. The rooms were spacious and the bridal suite was magnificent. Had a wonderful view of old town Annapolis. Parking is easy and the staff was friendly.

• Liked — The room decor
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank balletgirl1980
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

Hotel was very nice and has the potential to be even nicer. Nevertheless, still has a few "new" bugs to work out of the system.

All in all a good bet for a business traveler who is looking for comfort and quality.

Stayed September 2008