“Really enjoyed this hotel.”
Review of Westin Annapolis

Westin Annapolis
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Really enjoyed this hotel.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We normally stay in downtown DC but decided to try Annapolis for a change of pace. Hotel is perfectly located just a few blocks from downtown. A shuttle service (complimentary) runs (every ten minutes) in front of the hotel and will take you downtown. I think it runs until midnight. Like another reviewer said, you are just far enough away from downtown to feel removed from the crowds. Just a great location.
We had two rooms at the hotel and found them to be very clean. The bathrooms were spotless. I noticed that the hotel does a good job keeping the hallway areas clean as well. I do not recall seeing any trays or debris in the halls during our 3 day stay.
What you will really notice at the Westin are the employees. This is a friendly hotel. The guys at the door, Zach, Alex etc are helpful, attentive and friendly. Easy giving directions and quick to get doors for my family. Front desk staff was also friendly and my check in and check out with Angela were smooth and easy. My favorite employee that I had the good fortune to interact with was Denise in Service Express. While I only had inneractions with her on the phone a number of times, she is the kind of person that you feel like you know after just a brief chat. Cheerful and pleasant each time. She was comfortable making suggestions on dining options as well as following up to make sure our breakfast arrived in a timely manner. My whole family was impressed by her.
My wife is an SPG member and the treatment we received certainly reflected it. The green room option is nice and worked well each day. Keep up the good work. Looks like we found a new stop over each summer on our way to and from the beach.

Room Tip: Stayed in connecting rooms 443/445 and they are nice and quiet. A/C works well.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hdm102058

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
NYC
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Located less than a mile from the center of historic Annapolis, the Westin is a true delight. Walk one block and you find yourself meandering through a charming twist of residential streets, just a stone's throw from the water. It's a short walk into the center of town, but still feels far removed from the crowds. The hotel itself is gorgeous. It feels new and modern and clean. A wonderful italian restaurant is just across the street. The staff are superb -- courteous and helpful without feeling the least bit superficial. While I know that people have complained that they had to pay for parking and internet service, we were not bothered by this. The hotel is very clear and upfront about these charges, and we appreciate being able to make the choice (we used both) rather than have the price baked into the room fee. The rooms themselves are not huge, but spacious enough with very clean lines and colors. Very easy to kick back and relax without feeling cramped. We had one concern, just about residual sound in the hallway, but I think that it is hard to truly soundproof doors. Nevertheless, if you value quiet, you will want to have a room as far from the elevator as possible to minimize hallway movements. All in, we had a fantastic stay. We plan on going back. And we are definitely recommending the Westin as the place to stay in Annapolis. You may pay a little more, but it is well worth it.

Room Tip: You will here people in the hallway, so if that bothers you, ask for a room far from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The location is perfect. Recommend Fado Irish Pub and Shirley's Place (breakfast or lunch) both of which are right across the street. Very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our business conference room was organized just the way we wanted it. We walked around downtown and did some sightseeing and bar hopping. Enjoyed the stay immensely. Shop for best prices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed overnight for a business meeting. The hotel itself is nice and very comfortable, as is the room which is updated and works wells for business travelers. The staff also did a nice job. When my breakfast order was mixed-up, the team fixed the issue quickly and took the meal off my bill without even a word from me. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

This Westin property should be ashamed of their business practices. I usually book my SPG rooms through the Starwood.com website, but for my business stays my company has decided to enforce a company policy of booking our business stays through our travel partner (Egencia), which apparently uses (Expedia) to secure rooms at different rates. In my booking on Egencia, it clearly states that I would be entitled to my SPG hotel points, with all of the perks of my SPG (Platinum) status. Well, upon arrival at this property that was not the case. When I arrived for check in, I requested that my room be changed to a king room instead of a double. I was quickly lied to about the hotel being fully committed for the night. I went onto their website and saw they had king rooms available. I was not offered my usual platinum amenity or points. I immediately asked to speak with a manager, who was very courteous, but unfortunately had gave me the most inconsistent information regarding all of the "Different" WESTIN properties and how they do business. I have stayed numerous Westin properties and booked with Egencia and received all of my points, perks etc. so, my advice to any patron of this property is to make sure you DO NOT book with a third party or you will be treated like a red-headed step child. Needless to say, I will be taking my business back to Marriott, where I am consistently treated like a loyal points earning customer when I do business in Annapolis.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank lakesatyler
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear lakesatyler

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your observation and comments on your visit to the Westin. As the General Manager at the Westin Annapolis, I am working very hard to continually improve our property and to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will exceed their expectations. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Regards
Ralph Priesing
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel during a short visit to the Annapolis area. Everything was absolutely perfect! The staff was very friendly and attentive, the food (breakfast) was the best I've had in a long time, and the location is ideal. The free trolley picks you up at the front door and gets you to the downtown area in minutes. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas T
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had an office retreat here. Food and service were excellent. Particularly notable were fresh cookies provided for the afternoon break. The pool on the lower level is cosy, but OK if you are swimming with friends. Bed was heavenly, as they say at Westin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business