“Perfect Stay”

Westin Annapolis
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel during a short visit to the Annapolis area. Everything was absolutely perfect! The staff was very friendly and attentive, the food (breakfast) was the best I've had in a long time, and the location is ideal. The free trolley picks you up at the front door and gets you to the downtown area in minutes. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas T

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had an office retreat here. Food and service were excellent. Particularly notable were fresh cookies provided for the afternoon break. The pool on the lower level is cosy, but OK if you are swimming with friends. Bed was heavenly, as they say at Westin.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We got a very good rate for our stay here and had been contacted by the concierge before we arrived (which was a nice touch). Beware, though-- we paid $129 per night, which was great, but our friends paid $231 for the same room-- shop around for the best rate.

The hotel is very nice, with a very nice staff and in a location that is easily accesible to the waterfront either by free trolley or on foot.

My only issue is that there is an emphasis on being a 'green' hotel, but most of that onus is upon the guest, not the hotel. You can forgo maid service (to be more green?) and get a $5 voucher per night's stay, for the restaurant. We did this, never got the vouchers (which I asked about twice)-- but I can't see who that saves the environment-- the guests can still get new towels, etc-- it feels more like a money saving divice for the Westin (fewer maids to pay). If they were truly concerned with the environment, they would get rid of the old fashioned, water-wasting toilets as well as the 'Heavenly Shower' heads-- why have them in the showers with a note stating that by using them, the guests is wasting water, but if you want to, go ahead? The Westin needs to put their money where their advertising dollar is and really back up their green claims.

Room Tip: There isn;t a 'bad side' to this hotel-- all the rooms are quiet, i.e., not on busy streets...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dera That Jenny

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. We are glad that we met most of your expectations and look forward to being your host in the future. Your survey expressed your concern for our "green effort" for which I apologies. You will be happy to know that all Westin hotels will be replacing our shower heads by the end of 2013. It is our goal to reduce water consumption by 30% over the next few years.

Again thank you for sharing your experience.
Sincerely
Ralph Priesing

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a beautiful, modern, top notch Westin Hotel. Very clean, beautiful rooms, plenty of space. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay here again. The staff were helpful with my request for mailing a package. I did not eat in the hotel as there were some very nice restaurants very close to the hotel-walking distance. I have to say one of the cleanest and lovliest Westin's I have experienced. I did have a couple of issues, however. Although I asked for a room in a quiet area, I ended up streetside and on the second floor, which I believe was either over the kitchen or laundry. The traffic went all night. I also had an issue with my toilet and ended up having to move rooms at 6am because the engineering staff did not come in until much later. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, avoid the street side and 2nd floor of the hotel.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding.

The room was not ready at the designated check-in time. The front desk was accommodating in that they let us check into a lower tier room with the option to move rooms later. We ended up just staying, as the room style we booked was not ready until after our event started.

In general the property is very clean and new, though one of the coffee cups in our room had a piece of chewed gum in it.

If you are looking to have a function, the wedding's food was wonderful! Really, the best wedding food I've had in a while.

They staff was also very accommodating to our friends, who were traveling with an infant. The hotel provided a pack-n-play and fridge and microwave for the baby's milk.

We did not bring a dog, but the hotel is dog friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin, Annapolis for one night during a business trip. The hotel was clean and worked perfectly. Upon my arrival after dinner with a client, the front desk realized that my reservation was made for a different evening. They informed me that they were not sure if they would have a room for me, but after some searching, they were able to find a room, which i was very grateful. Seeing i didn't have a rental car, i appreciated that i didm't have to go looking for a room in another hotel.

Room was very clean and newly updated. Very comfortable. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear OpusOne1
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future!
Sincerely
Ralph Priesing

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was a solid Westin - comfortable and modern rooms, with nice bathrooms and wonderful beds. The bar area is quite nice and the staff was pleasant and helpful. The entrance is a little strange, so it might take a second to find it, but don't let that dissuade you. It is on the Trolley stop so you can get wherever you need to go, and there is a fabulous restaurant right across the street. The hotel food is like any other Westin.

1  Thank Christopher P