Westin Annapolis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Historic Inns of Annapolis(Annapolis)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsself parkroom serviceirish publobby barvalet parkingper daybeautiful hotelfree shuttlevalet servicedowntown areafront desk staffindoor poolnaval academyvery nice stayking bedhistoric annapolismain street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location relative to Navy/Marine Corps Stadium.While getting dressed for Dinner Dance , realized that I hadn't packed my dress shirt..I called the Express Service and within 10 minutes a staff member was at our door with his own brand new shirt...still in the package. That's what I call service!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frank M
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Frank M

Thank you for aking the time to review us. We are always excited to host one of the Navy Reunions and we are gald that we could make your visit a success.

Thank you for your business! We look forward to your next visit to the Westin Annapolis

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Westin has become my go-to hotel when visiting Annapolis. The rooms are clean, the service is wonderful, the prices are reasonable, the location is great and those Westin beds are just sooooooo comfortable.
I love "little touches" and this Westin has them. The hotel has complimentary bikes to use and the bar even homemade infused Vodka. We have stayed here twice in the past couple of months and the Westin has been never failed to please. We go back after a weekend here feeling relaxed and rejuevenated!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Taleci
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Taleci
Thank you for taking time to share your observations and review of our hotel. We work very hard to make every visit memorable..
Many of our guests enjoy using the bicycles. We will be putting them into storage for the winter very shortly and will have them available again in the spring.

Again, thank you for comments and know we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

After staying here last year I gave this hotel one of the best reports I have written. I am amazed at the difference in my stay this week.

The location is outstanding. You can walk into town or into Eastport or you can take the free trolley that stops right outside the hotel.

The comfort factor of the beds and pillows can't be beat.

Part of my disappointment during this stay was because we had a room right next to the elevator. Don't make this mistake unless you are a deep sleeper. The elevators are very noisy. Unfortunately the hotel was booked solid and we did not have a choice of moving to another room.

Maid service was lacking compared to our last visit. The room was not entirely clean, particularly the bathroom floor. We stayed for 5 days. We started with 4 bath towels and only got 2 each day thereafter. When we asked for additional towels they were delivered to the room with no problem, but when you use 4 towels each day, why do they only leave you 2? The coffee supplies were only partially refreshed each day.

We had booked the 5 days across 2 reservations (special pricing on one), but we had to check in and check out when the first one expired. We did get to keep the same room so this was a minor inconvenience, but it affected the schedule of our events that day.

Parking doubled to a maximum $10/day since our last visit, and you had to pay each time you left the hotel in your car. Each time you return the clock starts again which ended up costing us more than $10/day on a couple of days. It would be better to allow hotel guests to enter and leave the parking garage as they please for a per day fee. To be fair, this was an option if you used valet parking for more than $20/day.

As we left the hotel on the last day we felt we had experienced a general inflexibility, and a gradual chipping away of our normal Westin experience. These issues may seem trivial to some, but this is a Westin, and we have come to expect a top notch stay when we book at Westins. This is the first time they have not lived up to their usual standard.

Would we not stay here now....sure we would. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and expect that this was an anomaly. But, I have seen hotels start a subtle slide and not recover. Let's hope this is not one of those as there is still so much going for this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NauticalEndeavorer
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear NauticalEndeavorer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your observations with us.. We are extremely pleased that we met many of your expectations Your comments indicate that you had an issue with parking and noise from the elevator for which I sincerely apologize.

The parking garage is owned by the city of Annapolis and we have no control of the parking rates or policies. I understand how frustrating it can be to have multiply charges in one day for parking.

Again, thank you for your response and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Warm greeting at the door and staff took good care of us through our event. A few things could be better - the carpet in our meeting room was dirty, coffee in the rooms could use actual milk or half and half, swimming pool was too hot for exercise. On the positive side, I loved that they had a running map and the route. Quite good food in the hotel restaurant. Room was a nice size and bed was very comfortable. Like the green touches and options.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Paul and Sarah

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Westin Annapolis. I am very happy that we met most of your expectations. I will share with the team the items that you said could be improved.

Again, Thank you for your business and we look forward to being your host in the future

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is the hotel that you want to stay at in Annapolis. The front desk staff on all shifts was excellent; I arrived early and had to leave very early which to their credit they handled flawlessly. Additionally they were both knowledgeable, friendly, and the children loved playing with the resident dog at check in. The bedding is very comfortable and the rooms quite. The only negative would have been the lipstick on the towels upon arrival (the housekeeper across the hall did rectify immediately upon notification). Overall a very positive experience, I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Annapolis.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank oldyankeetraveler
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear oldyankeetraveler

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to the Westin Annapolis. Did you know that Annapolis was voted the 3rd most pet friendly city in the US? Most Starwood hotels are dog friendly and we host many dogs through out the year.

Thanks for you nice comments and we are so happy that your children had a great time!
We look forward to hosting you in the future!