“Dirty Room, Insincere Managment response”
Review of Westin Annapolis

Westin Annapolis
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrisburg, PA
“Dirty Room, Insincere Managment response”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed one night in early July 2012 for a business meeting. Checked into room and conducted my usual bed bug and cleanliness check. What I found on the sheets was disgusting. I've included a picture and you can make your own conclusion on what it is. Had I not pulled the sheet back on arrival, this part would have been on my face when I crawled into bed later. I called the front desk and they sent a housekeeper to the room. She was disgusted to see the sheets and proceeded to find other spots as well. She changed everything on the bed and left. I then noticed the bathroom sink was dirty but decided to clean it myself instead of waiting another 45 minutes for housekeeping.

Managements response to my email and picture was insincere and dismissive. I will not return to the Westin Annapolis. If you do, check the sheets and bring cleaning supplies!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Sunday-traveler
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Sunday Traveler
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your observations and feedback. I am working very hard to provide all of our guests with a great experiences and your comments showed that we did not achieve that goal. For this, I sincerely apologize.
While I know that you are very busy, I would appreciate it if you could take a few moments to contact me with more information. I am not sure why, but I never recieved your original comments and picture. Please send me any information you would like to share so I may improve our product. gm@westinannapolis.com
Regards
Ralph Priesing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Washington DC
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Heavenly Bed, Green Hotel, Heavenly Shower, friendly staff - It's got to be another great Westin and this one doesnt disappoint. Clean property and while the location is a bit off the main strip, the free trolley to the downtown area stops right outside the front doors every 15 minutes. Is also a nice walk to downtown if the weather is right. If you are going to stay in Annapolis, this is the palce!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
York, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night as I dropped off my son for lacrosse camp at the Naval Academy. It was a very nice and clean hotel with exceptional service. The hotel is located about a mile to the State Capitol and the bay so it's a very close to shopping and restaurants. The pool was nice and clean also. My kids loved swimming in it and it was well-heated. There was also a life guard at the pool. The workout room was impressive too. Our room was clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable although the pillows were lumpy. The double-headed shower was incredible and I spent an extra 15 minutes in the shower soaking my aching back!! We ordered room service for breakfast. The service was prompt and the food was delicious although overpriced (you get socked with a 21% gratuity tip whether your service was good or not). Room service did call later to make sure everything was okay or if we needed anything which was a nice touch. Also you get a free USA Today paper in the AM. We parked our car with valet which was pricey but in my opinion worth it. We enjoyed our stay but I would stay somewhere cheaper in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richardson, TX
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I too stayed at the Westin the week of the 4th, when they were packed with locals who had lost power. To the Westin's credit, the staff handled the slightly chaotic situation very well. Service and quality were not compromised. The rooms and bathrooms are large, very clean and well maintained. The only issue was with the temperature in the room: we could adjust the thermostat, but it always seemed a little hot. It's a small complaint though - everything else was fantastic. The location might not be ideal for some folks, since it's not in the middle of downtown, but the Circulator trolley runs regularly and has several drop-off locations downtown. We rode it a lot!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had two rooms the night before I day for my family as we dropped off my son at USNA . I thought the hotel was fantastic on all fronts. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable.Having breakfast for the kids with early report times was great, we ate in the lobby at 5:20 am. The staff was very helpful and the location is close enough to everything. We already have rooms booked for plebe parents weekend . My only disappointment is that I did not think far enough in the future and reserve rooms for the home football games. I will not make that mistake next year ! Keep up the good work.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed July 15, 2012

When the power went out in Annapolis in the recent storm, it seemed like the whole city wanted to check into the Westin, including myself with my 90 year old grandparents. I was not happy that we had to wait almost three hours for our room, but was thrilled with the service that we received from Terressa Brown. Despite the crowds and lots of frustrated people, Terressa stayed calm, professional, helpful and friendly at all times.

I do believe that the hotel could have done a much better job of getting rooms ready than they did. We did not check in until Sunday and the storm was on Friday - more than enough time to anticipate the volume and bring in more cleaning staff, or even an outside contract crew to assist.

Thanks again to Terressa! Without her, I'm not sure if we'd choose the Westin again. We will definitely recommed it to out of town guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and hotel was fine and clean. The best part was that the trolley was always there so we never had to drive into town. You could also walk if you wanted to. My biggest complaint is that I get free wireless internet at the more "budget" chains like Ramada, Marriott, Choice, etc. but paying over $200 per night with taxes and parking, I cannot believe that they charge for internet. It costs $9.95 for 24 hr computer or $16.95 for computer and mobile access. Also, I wished that the starbucks counter was open longer. It closed early in the day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple