“Great place to stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hartfield
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Westin in late April. The hotel offers great service at the front desk...very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and the location is great! We were less than a ten minute walk into historic downtown Annapolis! Our only small disappointment was that one's stay does not include a continental breakfast (although the complimentary Starbucks coffee in our room was appreciated!) and one must pay a parking fee. Reasonable, but still...When we return to Annapolis, we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

2 Thank Linda L
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Linda L.
Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our service and hotel. We do our best to make every stay memorable. Annapolis is a great town with many things to do and see.

Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you very soon.

Ralph Priesing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We visited Annapolis for a wedding and the Westin was a great choice. Rooms were up to Westin standards- quiet, Heavenly Bed, and a little bigger than the average hotel room. It's close to everything and, if you don't feel like walking the mile or so to the waterfront, there is a free trolley stop right outside the hotel. The staff was accommodating and helpful, arranging for taxi's when we needed them very quickly. An added bonus is that it's right around the corner from one of the best brunch places I've been to period, Miss Shirley's. We'd definitely stay at the Westin again when in Annapolis.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how happy you were with the service you received. We are also very excited to have Miss Shirley's located so close to the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience! We hope to see you when you visit Annapolis in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

I am a corporate pilot by trade so I travel quite extensively. For me service is of the utmost importance. I found the Wetin Annapolis to exceed in this area. The front door/valet personnel were very curtious & friendly as we're all of the front desk, waiters, waitresses & bar tenders. But one young lady stood out above the rest. Ms. Angie Villatoro. What a lovely sweet young lady she is. She made me, my Boss & his Wife feel right at home with her curtious & professional demeanor. Her warm friendly smile made you feel like she was one of your family. I saw her on many occasions during our 3 day stay and her disposition was always the same. Just a little gem. The hotel is lucky to have people like her working for them because it is all about customer service. Thanks Westin. Thank you little Angie. You are the Best!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank N6DQ
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Westin Annapolis. We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! I know Angie was very excited to know she was able to make you feel comfortable in Annapolis. I will be sure to share your observations with her supervisor. Again, thank you for your response and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I love this hotel! Perfect location, very cute area, close to the water. The restaurant on site is great and many other options are within walking distance to mix it up! Quiet/comfortable rooms, great gym and indoor pool to work out in. Great customer service-the staff was fantastic and extremely accomodating. Close to the highway so easily accessible if traveling. I can't say enough great things about this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Krista H
North Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Westin Annapolis for a weekend anniversary trip. I must say I am glad we choose to stay here. The junior suite corner room was very nice and spacious. The customer service was excellent and there is much to do in the surrounding area which includes Ms. Shirleys restaurant right around the corner from the hotel which is one of the best breakfast you'll ever have.

We will stay here again and will recommend it to friends and family.

2 Thank REDawson07
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Enjoyed staying here this week. Very clean hotel. Quiet rooms. I walked to heart of Annapolis in about 10 minutes. Beautiful walk - loved looking at the historic buildings and architecture. There are plenty of places to dine, shop and enjoy as you walk from the Westin to the harbor. The hotel is not on the water, however, so if you are looking for a view of the water, this is not that hotel. All in all, I don't spend much time in the room, so not a problem for me. Would stay again.

1 Thank Micheled7
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Greetings

Thanks for staying with us this week. Annapolis is a town with beautiful historic buildings and architecture as well as fabulous history. We have the Naval Academy close by as well as the waterfront. I personnaly love to walk down to the waterfront . Keep in mind that if it is raining, or you just don't feel like walking, the free Circulator trolley runs every twenty minutes from downtown to the hotel.
Thanks for staying at the Westin and we look forward to your next visit
Reviewed April 28, 2012

My husband and I were attending a wedding in Annapolis and decided to turn our trip into a romantic long weekend. We wanted to spend a little extra for luxury accommodations and higher-end service and thought the Westin would fit that bill. We were sorely disappointed. The Westin staff is VERY concerned about appearance, something you see when you pull into the front drive where they have valet parked only the most expensive status cars in a manner that very garishly screams "look at us, we cater to rich people." The lobby is beautiful but the staff seems more interested in checking out the jewels and clothes you are wearing to determine if you in the "in crowd" than in you and your experience as a guest. We constantly had to search out help with things like bags, ordering items at the Grab-n-Go shop and so on. The rooms are decorated nicely but no more so than those of most Courtyard Marriotts I visit when on business travel and that are half the price and far less noisy - I was far too privy to my neighbor's bathroom habits than I should have been. They turned the room mini-frig into a cooler that they lock and that you have to ask housekeeping to unlock for you, which I thought strange. On the plus side, the location to old town Annapolis is excellent and there is a free trolley that goes by every 10 minutes to take you there. There are good restaurants within walking distance - check out Ms. Shirley's Cafe! Bottom line -- overpriced for the quality of the service but convenient to old town Annapolis.

Room Tip: If you have items you want to refrigerate, then plan to do that with the hotel. The room does have a...
1 Thank momwriterlk
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Momwriterlk
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your observations while visiting the Westin Annapolis. As the General Manager at the Westin Annapolis, I am working very hard to improve our property and to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will exceed their expectations. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas.
Regards