“Very nice hotel.”

Westin Annapolis
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here a few days ago, for one night, on vacation. Very nice hotel, very friendly staff, especially the valet parking staff. The hotel is one the free bus "circulator" route, so easy to get to the downtown area. Enjoyed our stay very much.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

This property was immaculate. I was blown away by the cleanliness, the amenities and the comfort this hotel provided. In my opinion, you would be making a huge mistake to not stay at this hotel when in Annapolis. Tip: The hotel Shuttle is a huge help in getting to where you want to go.

Room Tip: The hotel Shuttle is a huge help in getting to where you want to go
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We're in Annapolis several times a year for shows at the Ram's Head Tavern (a GREAT live venue if you haven't been there). We've stayed at the O'Callaghan, the Loews, and the Westin in Annapolis, and the Westin is clearly superior to the other two, and is now our first choice.

The Westin is the newest Annapolis property and still has that "new hotel" sheen; the O'Callaghan and the Loews are looking a little threadbare and worn. It is a larger property and does not feel as cramped - rooms are generally large and comfortable, with nice amenities.

The Westin is the furthest from "the action" (CIty Dock, and the shops and restaurants on Main Street) but it is a nice walk if the weather is good. If not, the hotel runs a shuttle on an hourly basis and the "Annapolis Circulator" shuttle was running every 10 minutes or so from the hotel

The hotel food is meh - in fact the onsite restaurant was closed at the time of our last visit. There are plenty of nearby (as in across the street) dining options, but do avail yourself of the cozy lobby bar - the bartenders are really good, really friendly, and keep coming up with interesting martinis for my wife. Our last visit included Fat Tire Ale on tap - a rare treat for me

Rack rates are pretty steep - look for specials and package deals.

Room Tip: Park yourself in the garage below the hotel at $5 per day vs. valet at $23 per day.
2  Thank gjmalcyon
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Normally we dont put reviews but after staying at the Westin Annapolis there was no question that we had to add one. As a Gold member with starwood we stay at a lot of Westin properties but this Westin stands out not b/c of its amenities or the standard room we received which was to the Westin standard but the staff at this location really made it special. This Westin has hired an exceptional staff starting with Donna who helped with our reservations prior to us arriving and Jeff who was the front desk personnel who helped us check in and knew myself and my husband by name whenever he saw us... These two staff members really set the tone for the weekend. However the bartender Joe Makfinsky really went above and beyond a million times. We have a 16 month old who was hungry and he instructed the chef on a great dinner for our toddler not only 1 night but both nights. Joe also remembered us after 1 night and was able to give recommendations on the wine list to our taste. Joe really made us feel that this was a home away from home. I really hope that Joe will be recognized for his exceptional service and dedication. We can say that we will definately be back not only b/c of the location but b/c the staff is that good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Wonderful, relaxing hotel at a reasonable price! It is about 15-20 minute walk to the downtown area - but, the hotel also offers a free shuttle which is great!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank danacaryindc
Reviewed April 13, 2012

When stayed at the Westin last month. We had originally planned on staying at the Loews for two nights, but given the construction at the Loews and their outdated rooms, we decided to move to the Westin for the second night. While the walk to the main tourist area is pretty long, we really enjoyed the hotel and will stay there again when we travel back to Annapolis.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I've been a hospitality professional for 15 years and I must say that this property disappointed me on many occasions. This was a weekend getaway for my wife and I, and since the Westin was pet friendly, we brought our dog too. We valeted at the hotel upon arrival. The valet and bellhop were quite friendly and helpful. Check-in was quick but the front desk associate was aloof, almost borderline rude. No explanation of the hotel, layout, amenities, nothing. But he did mention that we'd have a heavenly dog bed and food bowl waiting in our room as we had requested. The room was well appointed, but there was hair in the corners of the bathroom floor and there was no dog bed or food/water bowls in sight. After dinner, we called down to ask on the status of the dog bed and bowls. They had conveniently ran out of everything, at which point I requested a comforter for the pup to sleep on and a liner for our ice bucket. The attendant who brought up the requested items was the most rude individual at the hotel. She tossed the items to me and walked away before I could say thank you. I asked her what her name was and she muttered it with her back to me. Sorry to have bothered her. The 2nd evening, they were still out of dog beds. Every time we had interaction with the front desk or concierge, something was clearly lacking. No smile, no genuine hospitality. The only reason why I'm giving them 2 stars is for the valet and bartenders who were actually quite pleasant.

Annapolis downtown was great, the weather was perfect and we made it an enjoyable weekend. However, I can't give much of that credit to the Westin.

Room Tip: If good service/hospitality is what you're in search for while visiting Annapolis, I don't t...
1  Thank PhattyMcBee
Priesing1, General Manager at Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your observations. As the General Manager at the Westin Annapolis, I assure you that my team and I are working very hard to provide our guests with the products and services that will exceed your expectations. Your comments indicate that you had an issue with the front desk and housekeeping for which I sincerely apologize. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of rooms and Executive Housekeeper who are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve in these areas.

Regards