“Lots of good beer”

Rams Head Tavern Annapolis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great beer plenty of variety. Very good burgers. Best feature is the music venue next door. They get great acts in a small setting.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great intimate concert venue. Food is good in restaurant before the show. Service is good, especially if you tell them you are going to the show.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went to Ram's Head to see one of my favorite artists, Jackie Greene, play. Food was decent bar food, and the atmosphere was perfect for a show. Unfortunately, a rowdy group of 4 or 5 folks also came to see the show. They were loud, rude to other patrons and the artist, and obviously stoned. They only wanted to see the artist play Grateful Dead covers (only a very small part of what he does), and were quite vocal about it. We said something to our waitress, who said she'd tell Management. I don't know whether the management ever said anything to the rude guests, but I'd assume they didn't-- the rude folks continued to be very loud and make obnoxious comments (e.g., "Freebird!"or yelling out names of Dead songs, make comments about sex with eachother loud enough for a third of the venue to hear). The artist was visibly uncomfortable, and I can't imagine we were the only ones who said something. People were so fed up with this rowdy few that you could cut the audience's-- and the artist's-- tension with a knife. If Management ever said something to the rude folks, they should have followed up by escorting them out of the concert when they didn't shape up.

If management could actually control the occasional rowdy clientele (which I can't imagine is usual at Ram's Head), I'd rate it at 4.5 instead of a 3. Their failure to "man up" put tensions into the show, pulling what would have otherwise been an outstanding experience down a notch or two.

Of course, there's onlya fee for concerts. Brunch there is decent (but the rude and rowdy are rarely roused for breakfast, making management's task easier.).

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great place to catch a game. Good staff and great portions. We will go here first when we go back next year. Fish and chips rock as well

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was an excellent find just off Church Circle. We sat at the bar and really enjoyed a flight of beer samples that were just wonderful. I had seconds on the Fordham ales. Food was acceptable, but not great. Service was prompt and pleasant. It's a little loud, but not out of line with sitting at most bars. I was pleased to note a Dunkin' Donuts across the street which I hit the next morning before leaving the area.