“Looks like it should be great... But...”

Harry Browne's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry Browne's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 356 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Maryland Ave.
Description: Rusty Romo, your host, invites you to experience truly fine dining in historic Annapolis, renowned since colonial times for its southern hospitality. Innovative cuisine featuring traditional Chesapeake fare, American, fusion and an exciting variety of seasonal items and regional specialties await you. Critically acclaimed since 1979 and overlooking the beautiful Maryland State House, we also offer elegant and distinctive catering.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Pros:

Great waiter -- prompt, polite
Interior -- looks very elegant and classy/great ambiance
Wine selection -- wine menu is like 20 pages
Excellent presentation of food
Affordable wine selection -- not all of the wines... but you can still get a great bottle of wine for $35 bucks which is a STEAL in Annapolis
Great restaurant week deal

Cons:

Parking -- very limited, I believe they offer a valet on certain nights but it wasn't there on the night I went
Steak- I've had better steaks at lesser establishments, kind of dry (even when it was cooked at Medium Rare)
Crab Cake Appetizer - the crab cakes left A LOT to be desired

Overall Impression:

I'd definitely go back (on a special occasion) but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed in the food.

There are newer reviews for Harry Browne's Restaurant

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We went to Harry Browne's last evening with several friends for Restaurant Week. My husband and both ordered the steak special as we assumed the beef would be very good. I had enjoyed a delicious steak there in the past although that was several years ago. We ordered our steaks to be medium rare but they both arrived medium well. Also, they had no flavor other than the seasonings. I complained and the waitress apologized, took the steak away. A short time later she told me the special steak was no longer available but she would bring me a petit filet. I said that was fine. When that steak arrived it too was over cooked and had no flavor. I don't know if the chef has changed, management has changed or what is going on. I know I will not go back.

1  Thank Mariah10
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Waited one hour for drinks and after two hours without being served our meals, we paid the bill and walked out. Odly, a couple seated after us were served their drinks an meal promptly. Both the waiter and maitre d' waited on this couple. I can only surmize that the politicians and lobbyists that frequent this place are given better treatment than the rest of us. There was no motivation on behalf of management to apologize or compensate us for the ruined evening. I will not be returning to this restaurant and as a local I will not be recommending this restaurant to the frequent guests we receive during the year.

1  Thank chris y
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Always a treat to go to Harry Brownes. Such a 1st class place with great food and drinks. I was rthere for a late lunch and can you believe a martini for $5.50! The waiters are tops too.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Scallops with porcini ravioli and crispy leeks and sa outs cream sauce! The fried oysters with corn purée was delectable!

1  Thank Neal M