“Good Sushi in Annapolis”

Joss Cafe & Sushi Bar
Ranked #50 of 357 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is one of several options for Sushia in Annapolis. In my opinion it offers the best selection for sushi in Annapolis. Very clean restaurant with decent service. The only problem is that the restaurant does not take reservations and there is often a 15-25 minute wait to sit. Other than that, Joss is a great choice for Annapolis.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I've dined here many times since my home town is Annapolis. Joss is always consistent and their new expansion makes the interior much nicer - easier to get a table too since they do not take reservations. The sushi is always excellent and the service is friendly. It would nice if they put more effort into the wine and beer list.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I wanted to go to the Oysteria a few doors down but it was closed down for a private party. Apparently, once a year the town turns out for a midnight madness get together when all of the stores on Main Street stay open until - you guessed it - midnight. After lurching from door to door trying to finding a way to avoid yet another soul crushing travel meal, I found this place on trip advisor. Through the window it appeared serviceable enough so I wandered in.

The place was packed. I sat at the sushi bar. Here, unlike a "good" sushi place the service at the bar is not provided by the guys behind the bar. But, just the same, I received really prompt and very nice service from, I think her name was Pat. Dark hair with a shock of bleached blonde.

Anyway, service was cordial and quick. Place had a good vibe.

The sushi, which is why you are here, was "fine." It was not bad. Certainly at least average. I read a few of the reviews saying this was the very best sushi they ever had... mmm... I can't go quite that far. I will say the sashimi was indeed very fresh. I had a scallop and it was cut in simply the weirdest way I have ever seen, but it was good. My roll, which was supposed to be spicy, was fine but somewhat bland. The veg tempura was somewhat underdone.

If you are really craving sushi and are in this area, this place is perfectly fine. I don't mean to put it down, but I it is just that: fine. You won't be disappointed but you won't be blown away either. I would have preferred the Oysteria but this place was fine.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been eating at Joss my whole life though I have eaten sushi at many but nothing has been better than Joss. It's a little expensive but worth it. If your looking for a great sushi in downtown Annapolis eat at joss.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The sushi, tempura and entrees are always fresh and delicious! The staff is friendly and since they have expanded it is a more comfortable experience for single, couple, or large group dining. Craveable :-)