My fiance and I stayed here for the night when we visited the Boat Show. We wanted to have a whirlpool room because he has been having some back problems and I thought it might be nice to have some relaxation.
We were told that there was a shuttle that would take us to the local boat show (which was a reason for our decision to stay at this hotel and I think the shuttle might have been a boat show only offering) that would leave at 3:40. We were in the lobby at 3:35, waited until 3:45 and asked one of the ladies at the front desk about the shuttle. She said that it must be running late, then we found out that it was already gone. Since the shuttle only runs once an hour (or two) we complained and she arranged for us to have a cab ride. Marriott paid for the cab ride, but we lost time, had to complain and pay a tip. We also did not know where the shuttle would pick up to take people back to the hotel since we didn't take it down to the dock, so we had to take a cab back to the hotel as well, at our own expense. So the whole shuttle benefit was nearly worthless.
We also booked a whirlpool suite, one of the jets was not working (on the side where the faucet is not sticking into your back). Since it is a whirlpool, there are not many jets, (not a jacuzzi so every jet matters!) and there was a light bulb out in the room. The conditioner is also the worst I have ever used, so bring your own if you can.
I did not bring my laptop because we were only going to be staying for one night and I figured that I would be able to quickly use one of the desktop computers in the business center. Both the computers were not working and were not fixed while I was there.
The breakfast was ok, the eggs were powdered, but the waffles were good and so were the blueberry muffins!
The hotel was very clean, it smelled nice, the bed was pretty comfortable and the 1/4 wine and beer prices were pretty good ($3.00 each).
I might stay here again, but I would keep my options open. A clean hotel is always important and this is a very clean hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis is located just 3 miles from the US Naval Academy and the Historic District. We are a top choice among hotels in Annapolis, MD, offering all-suite accommodations, free parking, complimentary Wi-Fi, and free daily breakfast. Travelers love our spacious guest suites which feature separate living, sleeping, and dining areas. Our hotel also boasts a fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool, business center, and meeting room. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis is ideally situated near City Dock, Maryland State House, Chesapeake Bay, and BWI and Washington, D.C. landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Annapolis Hotel Annapolis
- Annapolis Springhill Suites