“It was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Richmond, VA
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

My fiance and I stayed here for the night when we visited the Boat Show. We wanted to have a whirlpool room because he has been having some back problems and I thought it might be nice to have some relaxation.

We were told that there was a shuttle that would take us to the local boat show (which was a reason for our decision to stay at this hotel and I think the shuttle might have been a boat show only offering) that would leave at 3:40. We were in the lobby at 3:35, waited until 3:45 and asked one of the ladies at the front desk about the shuttle. She said that it must be running late, then we found out that it was already gone. Since the shuttle only runs once an hour (or two) we complained and she arranged for us to have a cab ride. Marriott paid for the cab ride, but we lost time, had to complain and pay a tip. We also did not know where the shuttle would pick up to take people back to the hotel since we didn't take it down to the dock, so we had to take a cab back to the hotel as well, at our own expense. So the whole shuttle benefit was nearly worthless.
We also booked a whirlpool suite, one of the jets was not working (on the side where the faucet is not sticking into your back). Since it is a whirlpool, there are not many jets, (not a jacuzzi so every jet matters!) and there was a light bulb out in the room. The conditioner is also the worst I have ever used, so bring your own if you can.
I did not bring my laptop because we were only going to be staying for one night and I figured that I would be able to quickly use one of the desktop computers in the business center. Both the computers were not working and were not fixed while I was there.

The breakfast was ok, the eggs were powdered, but the waffles were good and so were the blueberry muffins!

The hotel was very clean, it smelled nice, the bed was pretty comfortable and the 1/4 wine and beer prices were pretty good ($3.00 each).

I might stay here again, but I would keep my options open. A clean hotel is always important and this is a very clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ilovechris4eva
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, October 24, 2009
Dear Guest, I apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel. We did have an issue with the company we hired to run our shuttle. I will be issuing you a credit to reimburse you for the cab ride that you paid for. I am pleased that you recognized that our hotel was very clean we have won awards for our cleanliness. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you te next time you are in the Annapolis area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Very clean, roomy, very nice staff. Nice variety in complimentary breakfast...hot items, cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurt. Very close to downtown, but off main road and very quiet. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank gsmIndiana
Bendigo, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Decided on a last minute trip to Annapolis. The reviews for springhill suites are accurate. Very good service with very good facilities. The breakfast period whilst busy, was better than other breakfasts we have had elsewhere. Kids really enjoyed the waffles!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

The staff was warm and friendly from the moment I walked into the door. They showed true concern for my questions. There was a problem with the TV but it was quickly remedied. The rooms were clean (looked almost brand new!). I like that it is smoke/pet free to keep the 3yr hotel looking great. There is a free full hot breakfast in the morning that had everything from eggs/sausage to cereal/milk. The location is great--within 10 mins of downtown and the Naval Academy and there are shopping centers and resteraunts within a mile. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Annapolis area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I would not stay in this hotel again. The rooms smell like smoke, and the staff is rude and unprofessional. There are so many other hotels close by that have to be a better option than this.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank NewYorkSunny99
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Dear Traveler we have attempted to contact you for more information. Our hotel has a smoke free policy are you sure you have the correct hotel?
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

This hotel was very clean and modern. The rooms were beautiful, but there is only a half wall seperating the bedroom from the living area so it made it a little more challenging with young children. It worked out well though. The location is just fine for the price - we would've loved to be able to walk instead of drive to the main Annapolis attractions, especially becase it was a bit tough to find good parking on the weekend, but it still worked out very well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

We just had stayed at the Washington Marriott and my teenagers liked the Springhill Suites better. They swam in the pool and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I appreciated the free parking. The hotel is very new and in great shape. The beds had decent linens with comforters covered in sheets (like a duvet) that get changed with each stay. The staff was really nice to me and my kids. The kids especially liked that their was free computer use--can't be without FB! I was genuinely surprised by how nice it was and will defnitely stay again if in the area. An excellent value. The only negative was that the hot tub looked dirty so we did not go in but otherwise the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family