Overall Note: I stay in this area 7-10 times a year and seem to end up at a different place everytime. BEWARE: The County Police have a training facility nearby and target speeders in the this development for training new cadets. They were pulling folks over left and right…….
Location: Located right off the major highways of Annapolis, but this hotel is located just outside the retail area. So you will have to drive the 1mi to a place to eat or shop. Depending on the time of day, this can be a challenge.
Appearance: Newer location and everything looked good.
General Up-Keep: Good, nothing really showed much wear.
Workout room: Well maintained and everything I used worked, that is plus in my book. There were a full set of dumbbells that were nice and clean.
Pool: Did not use, but looked fine, little small.
Restaurant: Served the normal breakfast for a Springhill, a step above the other FREE breakfasts out there, but still not much for a vegan, or the gluten free type. The fruit that was offered was past it’s prime.
Room: My room was on the second floor and well maintained. The layout of the room was a little funky, it was a 2 bed room and if someone in the second bed wanted to watch TV, good luck. The angles would not allow you to see the TV. Bathroom was neat and clean. If I was going to knock anything, it woud be the tub. It appeared to have been fitted with a ‘bath fitter’ replacement and when you stood in it, it gave a lot, plus it was already peeling. This was just a minor flaw. Overall the room was in great shape and everything worked fine.
Internet & TV: Internet worked fine without a password, they offered an upgrade for $4.95 for higher speed, but I did not need it. TV worked fine and had the normal channels. Did not watch much.
Overall Report: As a business traveler, this place worked great (Sorry, no bar). There happen to be a lot of families there the day I was there, but the kids were well behaved and did not bother me, like when at lower rated hotels (Read between the lines). Exactly what a Springhill Suites should be like. Bid on Priceline $49.
Would I come back: Yes
Would I bring my wife and family: Yes, and would stay here for an extended stay.
Reason for this trip: Business
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis is located just 3 miles from the US Naval Academy and the Historic District. We are a top choice among hotels in Annapolis, MD, offering all-suite accommodations, free parking, complimentary Wi-Fi, and free daily breakfast. Travelers love our spacious guest suites which feature separate living, sleeping, and dining areas. Our hotel also boasts a fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool, business center, and meeting room. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis is ideally situated near City Dock, Maryland State House, Chesapeake Bay, and BWI and Washington, D.C. landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Annapolis Hotel Annapolis
- Annapolis Springhill Suites