“I have stayed here numerous times over the course of three years and each time has been comfortable with pleasant personnel that”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Although not a complete fan of the new decor it is fresh and clean and modern making the hotel look newer and more up to date. The rooms are clean bright and large enough to accommodate a gathering of family members for conversation. The beds are comfortable and bath area adequate. The seating area with couch and chair accommodate comfortably a family of four. The free breakfast buffet is tasty and kept warm and is replenished frequently. The desk personnel are friendly and accommodating. Prices will vary depending on the season and fullness capacity of the facility making it a hit or miss on price for value. However this is the case at most hotels in the area. It us our go to place each time we are in Annapolis.

• Stayed February 2014
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that we are your "go to" place in Annapolis, we hope to see you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
COOKEVILLE
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We spent two days at this hotel in February. The hotel is very clean, the staff is friendly and the rooms are very nice. Our floor was very quiet which made for good sleeping. Breakfast was very good. A very good hotel and we will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mimsi444
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I am so pleased that you had a nice stay with us and hope you will come back again soon.
Delaware
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were attending an event in Baltimore and due to impending weather, realized we should probably stay on that side of the bay for the night. So I immediately looked for a deal on this place, having stayed here in the past. We managed to snag a super rate on hoteltonight app and when I called to confirm a few minutes later, we were reserved! We arrived late afternoon, checked in with the really pleasant employee at the desk, got our room keys and off we went. There were renovations being done on the 3rd floor, we were on the 4th floor. Never heard a sound! Great room, very clean hotel in general, love the thermostat to regulate the room temp, the complimentary breakfast hit the spot. Every employee we came across was pleasant, questions were answered with a smile. This is the 2nd time we've stayed here and this time we had our 13yr old and 7 year old with us. They approved! The beds were comfortable (wonderfully bouncy according to my kids!).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank eh24fan
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you liked our newly renovated rooms and appreicate the nice comments about the staff. Please come back and stay with us again soon.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night while passing through Annapolis. We could have stayed a little closer to US 50, but we used the Marriott reservation system while on the move, and this turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Check in was smooth and the room/suite was plenty big. It is a bit of a stretch to call this a suite, but there is a separate living area separated by a half wall, with a sofa and desk. Actually, this extra living space came in handy, as my wife was able to take advantage of it while I ran an errand.

The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and it came with free wi-fi, free breakfast, and a complementary newspaper. The breakfast setup was very extensive, and the dining area was comfortable and well lit . The property was bright and clean, and we would highly recommend it for a stay. The price was also very reasonable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank R S
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations and hope you will stay with us again soon.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Springhill Suites in Annapolis is not close to the walkable areas of Annapolis but the complimentary parking is a plus. However, if you want to walk around the harbor area you'll need to drive there, then park. The breakfast was very busy and waiting for sausage and eggs was the norm. I didn't attempt to make a waffle as the line was long, seating was hard to find and families were in abundance. The room had two double beds and a couch for seating which gave four of us space and room to move with luggage. The lolly pops in the lobby were tasty and the desk staff was courteous. As reward members, we did not get an upgrade as the higher floor was fully booked, but the room was quiet enough and clean. We did not use the indoor pool available so can't comment on that situation.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from elevators
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for writng a review of our hotel, any feedback is most appreciated. I am sorry that you found the breakfast area so busy and had to wait for some items. I am pleased that you found the room clean and the staff accommodating.I do hope you will give us another opprtunity the next time you are in the Annapolis area.
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Have stayed in numerous properties while visiting Annapolis, Maryland. I have found my new home at the Springfield Suites; won't stay anywhere else. GM Steve spoiled us with the most warm reception, an immaculate room, and a warm breakfast.

We come from a nice home, so it's always a challenge to stay at someplace clean-clean and not pay a million bucks. The rooms at this Springfield are clean-clean with an immaculate bathroom and nice big clean white towels. Furniture and bedding were very nice. The nice room added with the fact that GM Steve is very hands-on and takes a very active role in accomdating every guest made our stay AAA+++. He's the best hotel GM I've met. Usually, you have no idea who's running the big chain hotels. No so at this location.

Room Tip: Both rooms I have stayed in were very nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Chris S
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments about the hotel and myself. I do hope you will continue to make us your "home away from home" whenever you are in the Annapolis area.
new york
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We checked in today. I type this as I lie here pillowless due to the horrendous "head grease" scent imbedded in all the pillows. The pillows and cases reek of dirty greasy hair. My husband went down to the desk and asked for a new and unused pillow, but was told there aren't any. Tomorrow morning I will buy a pillow. The walls are thin and I just heard my next door neighbor's toilet flush. Every time I check into a hotel, I immediately pull back the sheets and mattress to check for bedbugs. Although I did not find any, there is hair and disgusting "stuff" within the seams. The cleaning people are obviously not working very hard. It is Thanksgiving night and I'm thinking we will be stuck here for the 3 nights we booked. In the morning, I plan on seeing if I can find a different hotel. Time for bed with my rolled up jeans as my pillow.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank teacher6th
I apologize for the bad stay you had at our hotel and the poor repsonse you received from the desk attendant. We should have resovled the issue to your satisfaction. I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to accommodate you.