“Excellent Experience”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was a perfect place to begin our day in Annapolis. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was ample and satisfying. The location was great. We'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hippen

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here recently to run the Annapolis Half Marathon. Have stayed at several SpringHill Suites so I already had an idea of what to expect - clean rooms, professional staff, good,location and great service. This hotel did not disappoint. I stayed here using Marriott points so room rate was not an issue. We had a standard suite with two beds and a pull out which was great for my family with kids.

Had one issue come up within a couple hours of getting there. I flew into DC that night after a work trip and drove straight to Annapolis for the race since we live almost 2 hrs away. After checking in, I left to get a few items for the race the next day and my wife and kids got there while I was gone. When I returned, my kids were pretty excited to see me as I had been out of town for work all week. With all their excitement, this prompted the person in the room below us to call the front desk and complain about noise. The staff at the front desk called to check on us....note, he didn't call to ask us to quiet down, just called to make sure everything was ok. I went downstairs to talk with him as I felt the phone call to us was somewhat unwarranted. Had a very professional conversation that was non confrontational. He explained that he understood I chose the hotel specifically because it was family friendly and he in fact remembered that my wife came in with our children while I was away. The noise was not and issue which he explained to the caller as it was only around 8:30 PM on a Friday night. The rest of that evening was uneventful.

The following day after completing the run, I returned to the hotel and requested a late checkout. I was tired, sore and there was no way I was going to make the normal checkout time with kids in tow. The front desk staff was more than accommodating and honored my request right away. Checkout was uneventful. However that night at home as I settled in to watch a movie on my iPad, I realized I had left my Bose QC-15 headphones in the hotel room. This bugged me all night as I am somewhat a skeptic when it comes to other people's trust and honesty. I knew for sure that the housekeeper had just found a Christmas gift from an unknown guest. The next day (a Sunday) I called, not expecting to talk to housekeeping at all and certainly expecting bad news about my headphones. Not only was I able to speak to a live person in their lost and found, she had my headphones within 20 seconds of me describing them as their housekeeper had turned them in. On top of that, despite my offer to pay, she had them shipped to me at no expense.

I have to say that this type of service is extremely rare, even at more high end hotels. The honesty and willingness to go above and beyond at all levels of service is what truly sets this hotel apart. Since I don't live close enough to go by and thank them personally, all I can do is offer this review. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone else considering it!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am fortunate to have a great staff that works hard to take care of our guests. I do hope you wlll stay with us again.

Steve Merchant

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We got a Living Social deal and decided to use it to do some Christmas shopping in Annapolis. The whole experience was top-notch. The hotel is close to a lot of shopping -- everything from Target to upscale boutiques -- as well as some terrific dining. Perfect location!

The hotel was clean and up to date. Our room had a coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge, large bathroom, room enough for a shirt stay. The free breakfast was a little better than your standard hotel breakfast, and well-stocked. Sll the hotel staff with whom we had contact were friendly, helpful, and professional.

I don't know about the regular rates, but the Living Social voucher made this a bargain. It also included a $20 voucher that we could use for snacks and drinks from the hotel "market".

Well done, Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our trip to Annapolis wasto attend the Sailboat Show. This hotel was recommended by the show sponsors and comparably priced with other hotels in the area. Our room was quite comfortable and spacious and included a small refrigerator and microwave. The room and hotel were clean and the staff was courteous and helpful. A definite plus was the free shuttle service to the Boat Show. The lack of healthy choices with their breakfast was disappointing. No low fat yogurt, unsweetened cereals or whole wheat options. I know this is a "free" breakfast (not really since the room rates take this into consideration), but having fresh fruit (not fruit cocktail from a can) would have made it more palatable. Everything was either high in sugar or fat! I would have preferred a reduction in my room rate that didn't include breakfast, but that was not an option.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gowhilewecanohio
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed there the Friday and Saturday after Thanskgiving. Great location, two minute drive to the beautiful City Center Annapolis and 10 minutes at most to the center of town by the Naval Academy. The staff was very nice, especially the lovely lady who worked the 11pm - 7am shif at the front desk both nighs, I wish I got her name. Having breakfast available in the lobby area really kickstarted the day and took the chore of having to go out early in the AM for a bite off the table! Nice job folks as Springhill Annapolis.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having a groupon on this hotel helped me to negotiate the price to under $95. a night which made this an excellent deal. From the managers to the staff, everyone was friendly and helpful. The newly renovated rooms offer your choice of bed size and spacious closet, a sitting room with a couch and chairs, a desk, free wifi, kitchenette area with a sink, microwave, coffee and a small refrigerator. It is beautiful, comfortable, easy to get to and near everything!!! You cannot go wrong with this hotel. We would return in a heartbeat "except" during the boat show or Naval graduation.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room in November. One odd thing is that when the room gets too warm the air con...