“I love this place”

Add it.
Chris's Charcoal Pit House
Ranked #128 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I love this place, I travel from Chesapeake Beach, MD atleast three (3) times a week to dine here. The food is great, the staff is like family, the building is comfortable. The prices maybe a little on the high side but then again you get what you pay for.

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

The souvlaki I had came with very generous portion of fries (nice and hot) and a small Greek salad. The meat was a little dry so it Was not the best value @ $15. The Gyro platter my wife had was run of the mill meat with same fries, salad & price. We also had two $5 beers, no bargain here after tax and tip to our indefferent blond waitress who did not smile once. Big sign outside reads "After 30 Years We Now Accept Credit Cards" score one for sales tax! For unknown reasons your tip can't be put on the credit card?? With so many places to eat in and around Annapolis I don't know if we will be back.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have been going to this restaurant ever since I was a child. Not only is the food wonderful and extremely authentic, but the restaurant it delightfully unpretentious. It's a good, old-fashioned family restaurant. You can go with kids, with parents, or even with a date (unless your date is a snob!). The staff is wonderful - they have become good friends after all these years. While the prices of food have gone up from what they were 20 years ago, keep in mind that the prices of food have gone up in *all* restaurants. If you're looking for a family-run neighborhood favorite where you can come as you are for delicious food, this is the place!

1  Thank BergerBot
Reviewed March 21, 2012

i have been going to Chris' since I was a kid, and thirty and some years later its still my go to place for a gyro!!!! Best gyro...ever!!!

1  Thank joshua m
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I am shocked to see so many good reviews for this place. Some friends and I were visiting from out of town and decided to go for Greek food. We saw the good reviews and figured we would try place out.

The building is run down, but sometimes the best food can be found in places like that, but this place is not in that club. The food was very pricey, 8.50 for a gyro...no salad, fries, or drink, plus 9.00 for a turkey and cheese sandwich with nothing else on it, and no sides, and was mediocre at best. The service was poor. The waitress was very grouchy, stopped only to take our orders and deliver our food, never came to fill drinks, and treated the one other table the same way. When this was reflected in our tip (12%) she had the nerve to follow us out and demand why. So we told her.

Save your money and time, and go find better Greek food somewhere else...

2  Thank K B