“Fabulous service and food with a great view!”

Sam's on the Waterfront
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam's on the Waterfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 369 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Edgewood Road
Description: "Well worth the Trip" Is what the Washington Post and many others say about Sam's on the Waterfront. Tucked away in the middle of Chesapeake Harbour Marina, Sam's is a true visual and culinary experience. Built in 1986 & designed after the historic Spider legged Screw pile lighthouses, this uniquely crafted building on the water, provides the most elegant of settings. Make no mistake about it Sam's is dedicated to providing the most fresh, creative dining experience possible. Their New Exec. Chef Chris Cherry (Formerly of the Wild Orchid will tailor your meal to meet any of your special requirements and their staff will make sure that all of your expectations will be met.Sam's has a truly remarkable modern American cuisine w/ regional influences. The menus change seasonally with weekly special. Winner of Wine Spectators & Wine Enthusiast "Award of Excellent" and Zagat's "Best Bet Award" Sam's offers the best live Music every Friday and Saturday Nights. Sam's outside Dock Bar & Cafe open Seasonally.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The lobster mac and cheese is something I will soon be craving. Chunks of perfectly cooked lobster in a subtle cheese sauce... delightful. Our waiter Jack was always there when we needed him, and was particularly helpful when it came time to order dessert. Cannot wait to head back and will request Jack again.

4  Thank Kimberball

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family and I were visiting Annapolis from Connecticut and went to Sam's on a whim. When the tree of us walked in, the place was nearly empty but had a great feel for Christmas(we visited on the 23rd of December). Our waiter was Jack, who was FANTASTIC! When we had questions about the menu, he was very knowledgable about every option. When my father, who is a chef, had a question had a question about the coffee and chocolate pork, the chef came right out and we had a conversation for about 10 minutes. We ordered a tuna dish(which is no longer available because of tuna prices) which was perfect and personally delivered by the chef. When the entre came out, my mother had the chocolate coffee pork, I had the maple prime rib, and my father had the crab cakes. This was the best meal I had had in Annapolis the entire week and a great way to cap off my visit. This should definitely be a destination visiting.

1  Thank Sam B
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have been to Sam's several times because of it's convenient location and nice view of the water. They have a new menu so we tried a couple of the specials as recommended by our waiter/bartender. He told us they taste the specials so they know what to tell people. We ordered the chicken/orzo and the fish special. Both were very good. There was live music the last couple of times we went-very nice and never too much to hold a conversation close by.

2  Thank squirrelly14
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went out cause we heard that their new menu was really good, and we weren't disappointed. Our server was great, but the food is what took the prize that night. There were three of us and we all ordered different apps and entrees. The calamari was the best I have ever had, the breading was flaky and light while the meat was cooked perfectly, not chewy or tough at all. We also had the wasabi crusted tuna app, and I don't really eat fish, but my two companions said it was amazing, and judging by how fast it disappeared they weren't exaggerating. For our entrees I had the coffee and chocolate crusted pork loin, which was great just the right balance of dark bitter flavor that went what the sweet sauce on the plate, it was moist and juicy. The brussel sprouts that came with it were awesome, the whole group marveled at how good they were. My husband ordered the scallops, which were perfectly cooked. The pairing with the potato cakes was just right to highlight the scallops tenderness. My friend ordered the salmon, and as I previously stated I am not into fish, but I think I could have ordered the salmon and been completely happy. The texture was great, the sauce was sweet and tangy, and there was no fishyness to it. The chef came out to ask how our meal was going, and at our request recommended desserts to us. Which perfectly finished off the meal. He even took into account that my husband dislikes added salt to his food and varied the presentation of the flourless chocolate torte for him. I had the apple cobbler, which was a great ending to the meal, and my friend had the pumpkin cheesecake. Which was so good she didn't want to share it with us. There was a live band playing that gave the place a fun, light note that made for a great night. Like the title says it was the best night out that I have had in a long time.

1  Thank Amy T
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Now that I am back and settled I thought I should give a review to the restaurant that really stood out on my recent trip south.

I visited Sam's on the Waterfront while in Annapolis, Maryland last month and was impressed with everything from the reservation accommodation for a rather large and last minute group, from the outstanding service. to the food.

I made reservations the day before for a party of 14 and there was no hassle whatsoever, upon arrival we were seated with haste and had an excellent experience in that respect. The food was nothing short of amazing, the brussel sprouts were so good I told the manager. Not only was management very personable and professional but she told the chef who took the time to come out and discuss some of the finer aspects of making such a wonderful dish! The members of my party had an excellent time and are still raving about the various epicurean delights savored, from the scallops with sweet potato pancakes and pistachio butter to the coffee with chocolate crusted torte. A fabulous time was had by all and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area looking for outstanding service and excellent food. I for one can't wait to return. A definite 5 star experience for everyone in my party.

To the management and the chef, keep up the amazing service and the outstanding menu!