“Brussel sprouts, scallops and pistachio butter oh my!”

Sam's on the Waterfront
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam's on the Waterfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #181 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Edgewood Road
Description: "Well worth the Trip" Is what the Washington Post and many others say about Sam's on the Waterfront. Tucked away in the middle of Chesapeake Harbour Marina, Sam's is a true visual and culinary experience. Built in 1986 & designed after the historic Spider legged Screw pile lighthouses, this uniquely crafted building on the water, provides the most elegant of settings. Make no mistake about it Sam's is dedicated to providing the most fresh, creative dining experience possible. Their New Exec. Chef Chris Cherry (Formerly of the Wild Orchid will tailor your meal to meet any of your special requirements and their staff will make sure that all of your expectations will be met.Sam's has a truly remarkable modern American cuisine w/ regional influences. The menus change seasonally with weekly special. Winner of Wine Spectators & Wine Enthusiast "Award of Excellent" and Zagat's "Best Bet Award" Sam's offers the best live Music every Friday and Saturday Nights. Sam's outside Dock Bar & Cafe open Seasonally.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Now that I am back and settled I thought I should give a review to the restaurant that really stood out on my recent trip south.

I visited Sam's on the Waterfront while in Annapolis, Maryland last month and was impressed with everything from the reservation accommodation for a rather large and last minute group, from the outstanding service. to the food.

I made reservations the day before for a party of 14 and there was no hassle whatsoever, upon arrival we were seated with haste and had an excellent experience in that respect. The food was nothing short of amazing, the brussel sprouts were so good I told the manager. Not only was management very personable and professional but she told the chef who took the time to come out and discuss some of the finer aspects of making such a wonderful dish! The members of my party had an excellent time and are still raving about the various epicurean delights savored, from the scallops with sweet potato pancakes and pistachio butter to the coffee with chocolate crusted torte. A fabulous time was had by all and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area looking for outstanding service and excellent food. I for one can't wait to return. A definite 5 star experience for everyone in my party.

To the management and the chef, keep up the amazing service and the outstanding menu!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I have been to Sams several times in the past the food and service were always so so nothing worthy of a review good or bad. However our most recent dining experience changed that.When we arrived we were greated by the manager and quickly seated she was very friendly.The server we had that evening was a lovely young lady by the name of Rachel.We started our meal with a Crab and corn flatbread,Pear salad ,and Calamari,In the past when we got flatbreads here they were generally limp difficult to eat this time it was crisp and tasted fresh.Calamari has always been good but with the marinara it made it that much better.We finished our meal with Scallops ,Pork in coffee and chocolate and duck breast. The meal was over the top while we were finishing our coffee the chef stopped by the table and talked with us briefly Sams really seems to be trying to turn things around for the better customer service has improved the menu has improved. My only complaint was the dining room itself could use a fresh coat of paint it looks worn and wethered but overall it was a good experience.

1  Thank Matt l
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great location and we all had high expectations but it just did not happen. Food was perhaps as bad as I could imagine, steak ordered rare came out well done and my son's porkchop was barely cooked. The service was almost as bad. Not sure if she had ever been trained but other than being polite she was pretty much clueless. I would go back for a drink because of the view.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Although this restaurant has a view of a marina and a prior outstanding reputation, it is now a "hit or miss" as far as the food is concerned. Maybe it is who is working the kitichen at the time. After enjoying a nice lunch, I, in turn, recommended Sam's to visiting family and their friends from California. They had a terrible dinner saying that the meat smelled "putrid". I was embarrased and do not recommend it anymore nor do I frequent it, not trusting whether it will be a good or bad day.

Also, if you eat on the patio, their service is slow. Our table was seated next to people from Boston who were visting their son who was a Midshipman at the Naval Academy. They were extremely disappointed, as their time was limited and they had driven out of the way to try the restaurant and they said they would not come back.

Expensive for low quality cuisine. Better restaurants in Annapolis and surrounding areas. Do not waste your time.

1  Thank Mavis H
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Absolutely love this place. The scallops and the salmon are amazing and paired with the awesome waterfront location you can't go wrong. Definitely worth trying, you won't be sorry.

1  Thank Sadi2012