“Cozy Irish Atmosphere”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The cozy, family-friendly atmosphere with Irish music piped in the background will make anyone feel Irish! Wonderful comfort-food menu, good service, and a good selection on the gluten free menu! I love the decor - posters, farm equipment, and plaques that immerse you in Irish culture. Every time I visit, I feel transported back to the little pub in John Ford's "The Quiet Man."

1  Thank GipsieGirl

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Galway brothers run restaurants that happen to have bars in them and take pride in their menu. However, the customers make it a traditional Irish pub with great talk and fun. Make this your "local" in Annapolis.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Friendly bartender, nice atmosphere and a varied menu. Nice choice of draft beers and an ok cider. The appetizers, scallop bites & smoked salmon & cheese were excellent. Very interesting cheese. We split an entree, the Triple D Platter, which included 2 small cabbage rolls, 5 fried oysters and cole slaw. These items were featured on the cooking channel on Guy Fieri's show. The oysters met our expectation - excellent. The cabbage rolls were very light on the corned beef and nothing like the ones prepared for Guy Fieri. The cole slaw was just so so. This entree was at best a $10 dish, but since the items were featured on the cooking channel the price was $20. The breading was also excellent. We let the bartender know our opinion and he deducted 1 of the draft beers from the tab. Would I go back, definitely yes.

1  Thank Marty B
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We tried to choose among many great restaurants in Annapolis. We got a personal recommendation for Galway Bay and we were glad we chose them. Nice decor, not crowded on a early Monday evening and a good menu. I chose the crabcake and my husband had the scallops. We each enjoyed our entree and would like to tell everybody they were great! Good salad and bread as the sides. (plus veggie too). We decided to save room for an ice cream cone so no dessert here for us. Good Service Nice Atmosphere

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were told that when we visited Annapolis that we should try crab cakes. The place to go was the Galway Bay Irish Pub. Our waitress seemed to be Irish. When she asked us if we wanted anything to drink, I asked her if she knew what a shandy was? Yes she ditd - for those of you who do not know what a shandy is - it is half larger beer and half 7-up or Sprite. Very refreshing on a warm day. My wife ordered the crab cakes. I had the lamb stew. Both dishes were excellent. My wife claimed to be full. Therefore, when the desert menu came, she wanted nothing. I ordered the bread pudding with custard. The waitress delived the dish with two spoons. Well after the first mouthful my wife found about seven little spaces in her full stomach. On the whole the meal was excellent.