“Shorted on our change”
Review of Chevy's Fresh Mex

Chevy's Fresh Mex
Ranked #104 of 356 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We seem to be experiencing a trend in dining when we pay cash. Waiters are rounding DOWN when returning money, case in point: Our bill was $23.30, I put $40 down expecting to receive $16.70 in change. Instead I received $16. Okay, so $.70 isn't a lot to get excited over but it's due back and I expected it. This same thing has happened to me at different restaurants. I don't like it. Needless to say it affected the tip I left for the waiter because to me it's theft.

There are newer reviews for Chevy's Fresh Mex

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Visiting Annapolis and driving down the road, we saw this restaurant and lots of cars, so why not?
Didn't realize this was a chain as there aren't any of these in Michigan. Nice fresh tortilla chips and salsa while we perused the menu. The house frozen margarita was great!! I had the chicken stuffed burrito which came with rice and beans and hubby had enchilada and tamale plate. We were filled to the brim when we left. Nick, our wait staff was friendly and helpful in helping us choose what to order. You can watch them are the tortillas fresh.... No prepackaging here! Highly recommend.

1  Thank Elisabeth G
Reviewed September 17, 2013

As an Annapolis resident, I have eaten at Chevy's many times over the past twelve years. Chevy's has always been very consistent in both service and food quality. I find their salsa to be very good and almost always order the same thing: crispy beef taco, chili relleno, and pork enchilada. I have never had a less than pleasant meal there and always leave stuffed, but eager to return. Chevy's offers a great value for your dining out dollar!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

First of all, the free chips and salsa, unlimited I might add, are always hot and tasty. The waiters are extremely attentive and are constantly refilling drinks and chips. The seafood enchiladas with crab and shrimp are my favorite. The corn balls are delicious and I wish they gave more with the meals. You can watch them make the tortillas in front of you in the restaurant. They also give you free ice cream and a sombrero on your birthday.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great place to grab a filling meal. Love the fresh made chips and salsa...the brownie sundae was massive in size, definitely enough to share. The customer service was great, the food was hot and delicious and the portions were plentiful.