“Wonderful views”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 350 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Severn Avenue
Transit: Water Taxi delivers to our dock
Description: A favorite dining location in Annapolis for over 25 years, Chart House is a beautiful waterfront restaurant located on Spa Creek in the Eastport area. It occupies the former John Trumpy & Son boathouse & offers uncompromising views of the Annapolis Historic District, the Maryland State House & the United States Naval Academy. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 30 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, New Wave Surf & Turf & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.
Annapolis, Maryland
“Wonderful views”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We normally go on Sunday's for brunch. The food is pretty good, I do think it used to be better. I don't think it is worth the price unless you are sitting in the front bar area.

For the views alone I give it 4 stars.

• Visited September 2012

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great views great service great food”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had Our staff Christmas party here and it was amazing. Our waiter was Kevin and I highly recommend if you're going to the Chart House to request him. We tried the crab mushrooms and the cream of crab soup both were out of this world. I had the filet medallions and they were cooked perfectly. What really made our evening was our waiter Kevin. He was charming and on point. I told everyone we could pick another place in January to try and they all said Chart House again.

• Visited December 2012
United States
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been going to the Chart House in Annapolis for more than ten years. And it's not what it used to be. This might just be a reflection of the economy and the need to cut back on quality to meet their bottom line. I can understand that -- but it pains me to see my once-favorite restaurant get worse each time I go. The quality now is about the same a chain restaurant like Appleby's (ugh!) or TGIFridays, while the size of the entrees has diminished considerably. Why, oh, why did they change their recipe for the crab cake dinner about three years ago, I might add? It used to be with the most amazing caper sauce, and now, it's completely forgettable.

All that said, the view remains one of the best in Annapolis. No -- I'd actually have to say it's THE best. I'll still go just for the view, but not as often as I used to. Hopefully, they'll make some changes and give the quality a boost. It desperately needs it.

• Visited November 2012
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Oh so sad, oh such a dissapointing brunch”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have spent a nice brunch or two at Chart House for years. I like the bright glass encased interior. The bar is comfortable and cozy for a winter meeting, and the fireplace adds a bit of ambiance that only a fire can provide. The waterfront view with downtown in the background is why I chose this establishment to dine with family and friends. Next time I will make my choice based upon the food. I am only reviewing the brunch menu. Ok, it works like this.....you get a choice of about maybe 10 uncreative entrees and while they are being prepared, you may visit the salad bar/breakfast bar. The bar is about what you might expect from a cheap all you can eat buffet. It has not always been thus, but the bar has been declining steadily for years. Lots of stuff right out of a can like their salad dressings the the creepy bean salads. yes they had a bowl of fish eggs and some smoked salmon, but the quality was poor. Just a very uncreative food bar that they should either do right or remove. The bloody marys were boring, the mimosas made with a poor quality juice. They could easily squeeze a few and charge a buck more, but instead they use crappy juice and a sparkling wine that seems a bit fizzed out. I had an overcooked prime rib that was small and dry. The other entrees were bland, uncreative, and poorly prepared. So skip the brunch, have a drink in the nice lounge area, and go someplace else for your sunday meal.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank earthsci1
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Number 1 Semi-Dress up Restaurant in Annapolis!! Great Food”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Location: On water - Across from the Annapolis Yacht Club, its actually on stilts over the water. From Downtown Annapolis all you have to do is walk across the Eastport Bridge(5Min walk). There is also a water taxi that will take you to downtown annapolis located at the Annapolis harbor. There is a bar/waiting area with floor to ceiling glass windows, there are views of the water from any table in this restaurant.

Food: THE BEST SALAD BAR I HAVE EVER SEEN! Fresh salads(Caesar and regular), ton of toppings, pasta salads, mushrooms, etc.
Most people opt for fresh seafood or steaks which are all great. Nice selection, i honestly just get the Salad Bar and an Appetizer. VERY VERY GOOD FOOD.

IF your looking to spend a little money, nothing crazy, great location, great food DEFINATELY GO HERE FORGET THE OTHER HIGH END STEAK PLACES AROUND THE CORNER.

I usually wear jeans and a collared shirt and there are no problems with dress attire. If your looking for a nice date night out go here. Great food, good prices, great atmosphere. You can't go wrong with this place.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Chart House? Share your experiences!