Tripadvisor
Annapolis
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good food, Spotty Service”

Paul's Homewood Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Woodlawn
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been to Paul's on several occasions--the first being wonderful, subsequent visits have never been as good. The food is good here-I usually go for the greek meze dinner (where you get to choose three starters as a meal with a greek salad. Moussaka, Dolmades, and kabobs- all tasty. Portions aren't as large as the greek place down the street but far better quality. The flaming cheese is a bit oddly prepared compared to how I've had it before--VERY liquidy, somewhat hard to serve. My husband had a wonderful short rib dish that was well prepared and yummy. The only reason I don't give it five stars is this time and the last the service was really spotty- starting off good and then going toward frustrating. The waitor was good and pleasant when we arrived and placed our orders but I guess got distracted by another group-took a while to get back to us after entrees completed--we wanted dessert and coffee but opted out because frankly we were just tired of sitting and waiting. Check turnaround also slow. I will say the young man who was responsible for re-filling water and taking old plates away was on it! The waiter seemed nice but just seemed to lose interest in our table when it came time to possibly order dessert and/or pay the bill.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (211)

Reviewed January 2, 2020

We eat here at least once a month. We have NEVER been disappointed. The prices are reasonable for what you get, the atmosphere is casual but not "bar" casual. We always ask for Rick as our waiter. He always takes excellent care of us and certainly is well versed on the menu. We love trying new Greek items and have some standards that we often return to as well. The place is squeaky clean, most of the time parking is not a problem. We do tend to go early on nights like Tuesday or Thursday. Reservations are absolutely recommended for Friday and Saturday.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

Had a rueben sandwich and fries the corned beef was crispy and the fries where soggy
Hmmm? Think that should be the other way around

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 12, 2019

Friendly people and reliably great food . Paul's is one of my favorite go-tos for lunch, but they also have wonderful brunch and dinner. They have wonderful Avgolemono soup. I have honestly never had a bad meal here and I eat here fairly frequently. Also, I also enjoy the interesting art show, which changes periodically, hanging throughout the restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 22, 2019

Pauls is always consistent. Food is very good, and reasonably priced. View isn't great, but the food covers this one minor negative aspect. Small cozy place.

Date of visit: October 2019