“Overall Pleasant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Brooklyn, New York
“Overall Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had an overall pleasant stay at this hotel.

This hotel is a little hidden and is around the corner from another Extended Stay America (imagine the odds of that), so be sure to check a map!

I arrived at 11pm and was quickly checked in. I was informed that I was in a smoking room, something that I hadn't even taken into consideration when I booked as I thought smoking rooms in hotels were a thing of the past. Apparently they still exist in Maryland. Seeing that I had booked a ridiculously low rate for the room I wasn't going to put up a fight.

The third floor I was on smelled a little smoky. It's probably where they keep their smoking rooms. My room had a little bit of a smoky musty smell, but at the end of the day it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

The room was very clean and pretty modern. The kitchen and bathroom area had a nice modern dark wood floor and the bathroom was clean and spotless. I'm over 6'4" and the shower head was above my head, so I am not sure what the one previous reviewer experienced.

The kitchen area of my room had a full-size refrigerator and freezer, two hot plates, a coffeemaker, a sink, and some cupboards filled with basic eating and drinking wares.

The microwave had a little rust on the metal between the glass on the door, but was clean on the inside. The refrigerator/freezer was clean. The sink had a Pur filter attached, which is a nice touch as the Annapolis tap water isn't anything to write home about. The coffee machine came with one ready-to-use coffee filter bag.

The room had a nice combination of furniture, including a dining room table, office table, and recliner. Additionally there was an iron and ironing rack in the closet. There are also plenty of unoccupied electrical outlets.

The bed seemed nice and clean. Only the bed skirt (the fabric covering the box spring) looked like it could use some cleaning.

There was a nice modern TV in the room. About 25 channels were offered, including two Showtime channels.

The hotel has free and paid wi-fi. The free wi-fi is really only good for casual browsing, checking email, etc. I measured it at 0.25 Mbs down. The hotel does offer faster wi-fi (claimed to be 2.5x faster) for $3.00 a day, with cheaper rates for longer stays. I didn't try it out, but would have if I was actually using my room for more than sleeping. The password was on my keycard envelope.

"Grab and Go" breakfast is available in the lobby until 9:30. This includes three types of coffee and pre-packaged granola bars, muffins, and oatmeal packets. There is also some fruit. The oranges looked ok (I ate one), the apples looked a little past their prime.

The checkout time is 11am. I would have preferred noon, but this seems to be standard for the chain.

Overall this was a very decent hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

It wasn't the greatest experience of my life, but it was decent. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The A/C didn't work very well but the staff did offer to move us. Overall it was a decent place to stay and if updated slightly would be a nice hotel to stay in for more than one night. Everything is provided for a prolonged stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the air conditioner in your room was not working. I will make sure that our maintenance team is aware of the issue and that they fix it. Regardless, I am very happy to know that the staff was friendly and that you found that we provided everything our guests need in order to have a great extended stay!

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at ana@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Staff extremely helpful. Clean rooms.The beds were comfortable. It was easy to find and easy to check in.The downtown wasn't far and lots of good restaurants near by. One of the staff lead me to a place called Joss's a great sushi place. Next time I visit Annapolis I will be staying here.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made your stay enjoyable.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place was very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious. The beds are very comfortable. This place is a great value for your dollar. The hotel is in a good area and there are plenty of places to eat and things to do. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you had a wonderful stay; complete with a clean room, comfortable bed and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently stayed here and was extremely happy!! The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. I had a great time and the service was wonderful!! We will be back!! The front desk was very helpfully and nice!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karen - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. The staff and I are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and we were able to provide you with everything needed during your stay. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for a month but had been planning to stay for 6 months. The staff was rude and lazy. Everytime I had an issue they were talking to other staff about personal matters or talking on their cell phones have me wait until they finished their conversations or playing games on the hotel computer. When packages arrive they are incapble of picking up a phone an leaving a message on your rooms phone. For a pet friendly hotel I found it astonishing that I was told that my room couldn't be cleaned because the cleaning staff was afraid and allergic to animals. The final straw was when I went to get clean towels on a Sunday night and was told they didn't have any but I could check back after midnight. There are fights that break out in the hallways and other guests sit in their cars late at night (after 10pm) playing music so loud that I can hear the words of the songs over the TV volume. The beds were so hard I went and bought 4 egg crate foam pads. The one time I tried to do laundry both washers were broken and while I was refunded the money for the washers they wouldn't refund the soap I purchased from their machine. There is trash and chicken bones in the parking lot the side doors to the hotel are constantly open causing a security and safety issue. Even though the dirstrict manager was notified of the issues there was no improvement at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go the the Extended Stay on Admiral Cochrane Dr much better staff, service, and safer environment un...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stacey S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the our staff and safety issue is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to personally visit the site in late hours to ensure our hotel and guest safety and also to make sure to train our staff for better service.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at ishah@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious. The staff went out of their way to give directions to several different restaurants during our stay. Lots of attractions in area to stay busy. I would definitely recommend to others as well as stay again.

Room Tip: Dear travelers: please note that this hotel does not have any restaurants or a pool. Website would...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear you like our location, clean rooms and service. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.