“Don't waste your money use the Extended Stay up the street”

Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for a month but had been planning to stay for 6 months. The staff was rude and lazy. Everytime I had an issue they were talking to other staff about personal matters or talking on their cell phones have me wait until they finished their conversations or playing games on the hotel computer. When packages arrive they are incapble of picking up a phone an leaving a message on your rooms phone. For a pet friendly hotel I found it astonishing that I was told that my room couldn't be cleaned because the cleaning staff was afraid and allergic to animals. The final straw was when I went to get clean towels on a Sunday night and was told they didn't have any but I could check back after midnight. There are fights that break out in the hallways and other guests sit in their cars late at night (after 10pm) playing music so loud that I can hear the words of the songs over the TV volume. The beds were so hard I went and bought 4 egg crate foam pads. The one time I tried to do laundry both washers were broken and while I was refunded the money for the washers they wouldn't refund the soap I purchased from their machine. There is trash and chicken bones in the parking lot the side doors to the hotel are constantly open causing a security and safety issue. Even though the dirstrict manager was notified of the issues there was no improvement at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go the the Extended Stay on Admiral Cochrane Dr much better staff, service, and safer environment un...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank staceyS891
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the our staff and safety issue is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to personally visit the site in late hours to ensure our hotel and guest safety and also to make sure to train our staff for better service.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at ishah@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious. The staff went out of their way to give directions to several different restaurants during our stay. Lots of attractions in area to stay busy. I would definitely recommend to others as well as stay again.

Room Tip: Dear travelers: please note that this hotel does not have any restaurants or a pool. Website would...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear you like our location, clean rooms and service. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Usually I do not stay at the extended stay places but I could not find anything last minute except this hotel. Since staying my experience has changed my outlook Their staff is extremely friendly and eager to help with any questions that I had. Rooms were tidy, clean and I felt safe staying alone. One of the best stays I have had at a hotel in a long time! Had a great stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone!!! Good job guys!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a Nice review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean comfortable rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just stayed at the Extended Stay America in Annapolis this past weekend and the room was extreamly clean and the staff was awesome, I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.I would definitely choose this hotel to stay at again when ever I come and visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found the renovation A plus. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Rooms dirty. Staff not friendly. Drunks out back. Bad customer service. Prices too high. Rooms smell. Smoking in hallways. Outside doors left open anybody can enter. Manager not friendly, always outside smoking.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Hotmomm12
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards.

As well, our staff strives to provide friendly guest service and comfortable surroundings. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in these areas. Please know that we are always looking to provide a level of security for our guests and attend to their every need.

Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations in the future. We look forward to showing you our redoubled efforts.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is not the type of hotel we typically choose but were lucky enough to find a room anywhere in Annapolis during our recent power failure. The room was small but clean, with a small kitchen area. The double bed was small and a table and chairs would have been welcome. Bathroom was clean and functional with a terrific shower. We heard little noise in spite of the fact that every room was full, and many with pets and children. We were so happy to be able to bring our dog with us as we would never have left her at home alone in the 100 degree heat. There were 2 desks and free wi-fi in our room. There is no pool or restaurant but you are a few minutes drive away from Giant grocery store, the Annapolis Mall and many restaurants The front desk staff here this weekend deserve kuddos for the way they managed the never ending telephone and drop-in requests for rooms during this heat wave. They were flexible, pleasant and professional at all times. Management, please pass this compliment on to your front desk staff. You should be proud of the way they handled a combined holiday weekend and local emergency situation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Annapolis - Naval Academy. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff; I will certainly pass them along.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was my first stay at an Extended Stay hotel and I was skeptical about staying. To my surprise the and hotel was newly remodelded and very comfortable. The staff was friendly and the hotel is very centrally located. the 1 thing that I would recommend is an upgrade to queen beds instead of doubles.

Room Tip: all rooms have a full kitchen!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family