“Terrific!”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Crownsville, Maryland
“Terrific!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Friday evening with friends. Happy hour prices for our drinks ($5) and $20 bottles of wine! Happy hour is from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. 5:30 was a good time to arrive! The six of us shared appetizers fried zucchini and asparagus bruschetta. Both were excellent, more than covered the six of us. Fresh bread (we had two baskets) was wonderful. Served with "Italian butter", really good, fresh olive oil. Classic pastas at $12.95 provide a great selection of pastas, AND a choice of a second pasta dish to take home! Now that's a deal! Three of us had the baked ziti which we all pronounced excellent. There was also a veal parmesan, a lasagna, and a four-cheese ravioli at our table. All were given gold stars. Servings are large, and most of us took portions home with us. Desserts sounded wonderful, we opted to share two -- the lemon cookies and the Boston cream pie. The baked in-house cookies were to die for, great lemon taste. Boston cream pie was also good. Service was excellent, and we all decreed a return trip would definitely be in order. So, happy and very well fed, we went home with our food bags including our free, second pasta dishes! Prices are very reasonable. Definitely make reservations. 5:30 was crowded, but by the time we left there were no empty tables.

1 Thank Etta B

Maryland
“Good But Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was our first time to Maggiano's. We called ahead and made reservation which allowed us to be seated quickly on a Friday evening. The service was very good. Wines were a bit pricey in my opinion for it being a chain. Bread was too hard to chew, olive oil for dipping was just that, olive oil. They could take a tip from some of the other Italian restaurants on that and add in some herbs/spices. I had the chicken piccata which had way too much lemon. The balance was way off. Chicken was tender. My husband had the veal marsala. It was ok, just nothing exceptional. Perhaps the pasta dishes would have been a better choice. They do have a classic pasta deal where you buy one and get another free. Looked like a lot of customers were going with that. Don't think we will return. Just too many other really good Italian restaurants out there. I was hoping for a step up from Carrabba's but was a little disappointed. We thought it was pricey for the quality of the food.

• Visited February 2014
Annapolis
“Rocky prosciutto on salad, too hard too eat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I went to bar and ordered soup and salad. The salad was plain and tasteless. It was topped with some kind of fried prosciutto crumbs. It was so hard it hurt my teeth to chew it. I didn't finish it. I wondered if it was cooked days ago and left out to dry. . Bartender was polite but has no control over menu. It also a chain and my first visit. I doubt that I will return.

Maria's in downtown Annapolis or any family owned place in little Italy Baltimore are much better choices

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Dinner and a Show!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Love the salmon with lemon butter, roasted red pepper and spinach! Great fresh bread and the dessert sampler (desserts fresh-made on premises, according to the very personable manager) is fabulously decadent! What put the dining experience over the top for my girlfriends and me was our waitress, Kristina. Bursting with personality and wit, and excellent in her service to customers, she kept us laughing and well-tended. Have asked for her every time I visit and she's always top-notch.

Annapolis Junction, Maryland
“Best Italian food ever, and very fresh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

The salads were very fresh and the "House dressing" was perfect!
The lasagna was the best I had ever eaten in an restaurant.

Visited February 2014