“Great clams, rockfish, crab”

Cantler's Riverside Inn
Ranked #8 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We wanted to get hard crabs, but they were VERY pricey. Instead we order the steamers, which were excellent, raw oysters, crab cakes and crab stuffed rockfish. All was excellent, except for the fact that my boyfriend ordered a crab cake sandwich and got the platter. We both also ordered asparagras with our food and were served a mediocre vegetable medley instead. The seafood, however, was excellent and we were served large portions. Cantler's is tucked away on a creek. You have to go through a small neighborhood to get there and the parking is awful. The nice part is that boats can dock there while they are eating.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This restaurant is on the river and a little hard to find but well worth the trip. We sat outside on the deck which had heaters so it was comfortable. The seafood was really good. Lots of customers eating crabs. We had grouper and shrimp. Both excellent. Plenty to eat. Our waitress was pleasant but once she put our plates on the table we never saw her again until we asked another passing waiter to bring our bill. She then re-appeared to ask if we wanted some key lime pie. NO, way to late although 20 minutes before we would have said Yes. Closes at 10PM.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were a party of 9. We arrived by boat and had no trouble docking, dock boy offered assistance. The experience was all downhill after that. We waited about thirty minutes to be seated. Once seated it took awhile before we were attended to. After everyone ordered, the food began to arrive in a very haphazard manner. Several appetizers arrived, then the crabs, then the salads, then the non crab orders. My didn't come at all. The waitress eventually stated that they made the wrong dish for me. No apology. The wait staff was arrogant and incompetent. The food was hit or miss. I ordered the tuna nachos and was disappointed. I should have paid closer attention to the description. The crab eaters said the crab was good. The calamari was good, the clam strips not so much. The atmosphere left a lot to be desired. I doubt I will be back.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by locals & I can see why. Don't go here looking for a romantic dinner! But if you want great seafood, this is the place! There is some outside seating with a nice view of the river but we sat inside due to wait time & chilly temps. Our waitress was cheery & happy to advise "crab virgins" how to eat their crabs. We had snow crab legs & stuffed rockfish, both of which were excellent. Prices were the same as most restaurants but the campy atmosphere made us feel welcome. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've been coming here since I was a child and never been disappointed. Amazing Blue Crabs, nice and spicy with lots of juiciness. Steamers to start and cold beer.

Not for a date unless you know she likes a mess or she is already your wife. If the weather is nice make sure you sit outside.