“Decent Steaks but.....”
Review of Lewnes Steakhouse

Lewnes Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lewnes Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 351 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Severn Avenue
Transit: Water taxis drop off and pick up at the end of fourth street, less than a half block from the restaurants location.
Description: The Lewnes family has been serving fine food at this location since 1921. We trust that your dining experience with us will be a memorable one!
Maryland
“Decent Steaks but.....”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Wish your steaks were dry-aged. They were good but quality is just ok....wished you offered some Wagyu varieties as well. Wet aging doesn't give that deep beef flavor.

Atmosphere is very nice. Need more variety of bourbons and whiskeys...thanks for the Midleton though.

• Visited April 2014
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thanks for reaching out about your visit. I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with the Midleton, and the feedback on the food is appreciated as well. However, we want to give you that excellent experience that you're looking for, and I hope you'll consider returning for a flavorful meal with us soon!

All the best,

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Food and Service!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Oh, my goodness! This restaurant is definitely the place to go for the most succulently delicious steaks ever! The wait staff is very attentive and pleasant, without being overbearing. The atmosphere is extremely cosy and relaxing. Totally enjoyed the evening! We will definitely return.

• Visited October 2013
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
The most succulently delicious steaks ever? Thanks for such a compliment! It means a lot to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope you'll return for another meal whenever you're in town again!

Best wishes,
Annapolis, Maryland, USA
“best steaks anywhere”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The steaks are simply wonderful! And they sure know their way around a wine cellar. It kind of ruins it for all the other steak joints. The staff is knowledgeable, professional and friendly. You're sure to have a interesting conversation if you're seated at the bar. Lewnes never ever disappoints!

Visited March 2014
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thanks for reaching out here, Pati! It's wonderful to hear that you've been impressed with everything from the steaks to the service. Hope to have you back for a drink and flavorful meal soon!

Much appreciated,
Bowie, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is our go-to place for celebrations! The filet is the best around. We have been twice in the last couple of months. Last visit friends split a 4.5lb lobster. It was amazing. LOVE THE FRIES! I go here over Ruth's Chris or Chart House any day. And Jenny is wonderful. We ask for her every time we go. As a side note, I am gluten free due to allergies and Jenny/the kitchen are very accommodating and help navigate the menu so I feel safe in my food choices.

• Visited March 2014
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Wonderful to hear you enjoy celebrating special occasions with us, Lori! Thanks for the kind words on the filet, lobster, and fries -- the kitchen staff will be pleased to hear such kind compliments. I'm glad that Jenny is very helpful, too, and it's great that we're able to accommodate your dietary needs easily. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

All the best,
Berlin, Maryland
“My Birthday”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

My family set up a celebration for my Granddaughter, Charlotte, and me. They knew I liked this restaurant and surprused me. Food and service were fantastic and Char (11) & Rick (67) greatly enjoyed ourselves!

Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I'm very pleased to hear you and your granddaughter celebrated your special day with us! Thanks for the kind words on the food and service. We hope your family will return for another meal with us soon!

Best wishes,