“Disappointed!”
Review of Lewnes Steakhouse

Lewnes Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lewnes Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 354 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Severn Avenue
Transit: Water taxis drop off and pick up at the end of fourth street, less than a half block from the restaurants location.
Description: The Lewnes family has been serving fine food at this location since 1921. We trust that your dining experience with us will be a memorable one!
midwest
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Crab cake not cooked through. Sent it back. Barely saw the previously very friendly and present waiter after that. Husband ordered steak medium....said he wanted some pink. Waiter told him to go med-well then. Steak came out well done. Potatoes were very greasy. We didn't say anything but were disappointed in our meal. The greek salad was excellent.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank msueb
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
When you walk through our doors, you should always expect friendly service and a top-notch meal, and it seems as if we missed the mark here. I do wish you would have said something at the time, though. While we do make mistakes every once in a while, we'll always do everything in our power to fix them quickly and efficiently. After all, a steak should be cooked exactly to your liking! We'll hope to see you again the next time you're in the area; I'm confident we can serve up the meal you've come to expect from us.

Take care,
Sam L., Manager

“Great steaks, should have listened to my request.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I was there for a dinner meeting, limited selections, however I asked my filet medium well & butterflied, server told me they could get med well without it, I had to send it back to compete cooking. Other sides were great

• Visited September 2013
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the sides but would like to apologize for your filet. It's our hope that we satisfy our guests on the first try, and I'm sorry we fell slightly short of that. I hope you'll return if you're ever in the area!

Take care,
Sam L., Manager
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Excelent Dining and Service”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

For our first evening in Annapolis we chose Lewnes’ Steakhouse and were very happy with the decision. My wife and I arrived promptly for our reservation and were seated at a booth which offered quiet privacy.

The menu features the typical steakhouse selections along with an abundant wine list. We both ordered the tomato and onion salad. My wife added the blue cheese to hers. We followed with the Ribeye Steaks, both prepared as ordered, along with a side of hash browns and cream spinach. The sides are most adequate for two people. The steaks were tender and flavorful.

Our server was professional and allowed our dinner to proceed on our intended leisurely pace. Cocktails, like the rest of the menu are priced quite modestly, and were a good pour.
In comparing Lewnes’ to the national premium steakhouses (The Palm, Capital Grille, S&W, etc) I think it was an outstanding value and not too far away in quality of food and service. We are glad that we made this choice and would certainly return again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Marshall D
Reading, Massachusetts
“Great local steakhouse”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I visited with friends in the Annapolis area and they suggested this local restaurant. The wait was 45 minutes, so we walked across the bridge to Annapolis and were back and seated exactly on time. The quality of the beef is excellent and our server did well in explaining the our options. We were seated upstairs and the dark, quiet atmosphere was great for our party of 4 to catch up. The steaks were all expertly prepared to order and the sides were delicious. Best onion rings I've had in quite some time. Very good attentive service. Definitely worth a visit when in Annapolis - we'll be back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank dupetersentravel
Annapolis, Maryland
“Best Steakhouse in Annapolis”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Lewnes wins. First, the server was not only responsive and cordial, she explained without being asked the exact definition of 'done-ness' terms so there would be no surprises when the steak arrived. When it did arrive, it was done to specifications--both my wife's 'medium well'
and my 'medium' (I usually order medium-rare) were perfect. The steak and sides were delicious and reasonably priced. We will return!

• Visited August 2013