“My birthday dinner could not have been worse”
Review of Lewnes Steakhouse

Lewnes Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lewnes Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 351 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Severn Avenue
Transit: Water taxis drop off and pick up at the end of fourth street, less than a half block from the restaurants location.
Description: The Lewnes family has been serving fine food at this location since 1921. We trust that your dining experience with us will be a memorable one!
Annapolis, Maryland
“My birthday dinner could not have been worse”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We all carefully explained to the waitress how we would like the steaks prepared-one rare and 3 medium to med well (pink OK but no blood, please). Our "rare" friend's steak was perfectly rare, but ours were practically perfectly rare, too and my husband's had so much fat, he could not eat even 1/2 of it. No one wanted to complain. It was my birthday and we had already had a problem with the wine being sour. The waitress didn't like that we returned the bottle. She swiped it from the table like a spoiled child that didn't get her way. One of us took a doggy bag home for breakfast and cooked the steak as it should've been cooked. We are BIG tippers and eat out every weekend. We will not be back. What a shame and waste of time and money.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank pilgrimkr51

Annapolis, Maryland
“Best atmosphere. Don't whine about price, just go!”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The best place within 25 miles for an old fashioned high end prime beef dinner. Period. Classy, not too bright, and just enough ambient noise to make you feel comfortable. Order a ribeye topped off with some pecan pie a la mode and you will practically be stoned with satisfaction. I would have my last meal here.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The food was fantastic, service outstanding ,and I've nerver
seen a more extensive wine list. Tip- sides are huge, plan
on sharing.

• Visited September 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Lewnes is our "special occasion" restaurant. The ambiance is warm & inviting, the service is great and the food is excellent. I love having a great reason to celebrate at Lewnes!!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank tgherring
Baltimore, Maryland
“FANTASTIC STEAK”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have been here several times and always "over the top". Last night was there with party of 10 - fantastic waiter and ALL the food was terrific! My sirloin steak was the best and Ruth's Crist would be a second to Lewnes.