“A great default in Annapolis”

Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis
Reserve with OpenTable
Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub, International
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cathedral Street
Annapolis, MD
“A great default in Annapolis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Living in Annapolis you can run through the local restaurants pretty quickly and Rams Head is one of the places I seem to return to regularly. When I want good food, good beer and a friendly atmosphere this is where I go. A bonus is the outdoor space in the summer. The specials are always tasty and being only ten minutes from where we live and work makes it convenient to run out for lunch or dinner when cooking sounds like a chore.

Visited October 2012

Annapolis, Maryland
“Ok food but even better music”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Look for standard bar food and you won't be disappointed. The big plus is the music venue that adjoins the restaurant. Those who buy concert tickets get a 10 percent discount on their meals and free parking at the city garage across the street.

Visited October 2012
“Maybe...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

For a change of pace, my daughter and I did a girl's night out for dinner at Ram's Head. I would agree with a lot of the reviews already posted that the food is just so-so. My daughter ordered the Heart of Caesar salad with chicken. The romaine came just like that--as hearts! A bit unusual presentation, but there was plenty of chicken on the salad. I ordered the Ahi tuna, on the rare side--this was beyond rare, I don't think it got near any heat whatsoever! My first bite was not even room temp, it was cold! If I wanted sushi I would have gone elsewhere! Minimal flavor to the teriyaki "glaze" served with it--seemed to be simply soy sauce. Service was OK. Our server was initially attentive, but then disappeared....

• Visited October 2012
Bowie, Maryland, United States
“RamsHead is content to be mediocre...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I would never eat at RamsHead if we weren't going to a show. There are too many other options in Annapolis. The biggest problem here is that they lack any management interaction and they are content with just being an OK place to go. They used to have a good chef, but he has come and gone at least five times in the past 12 years. Service here can be hit or miss and the food quality varies depending on the day of the week. Our last visit was pretty good. Lindsey did a good job taking care of us and the items we ordered were pretty good. I had nachos and a burger and my wife had the lobster grilled cheese sandwich. The lobster was overcooked, but she liked the way the sandwich tasted. The best way for me to describe RamsHead is that if you go there with no expectations, you won't be disappointed, and you might even be impressed.

• Visited October 2012
“CRUMMY service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I kept giving this retaurant chances -- at least 10 times because friends wanted to go - - and each time I was appalled by the service and the surly wait staff. The music venue attached is great and I used to have dinner there before a concert. No more.

Visited April 2012