“Great place to eat in Annapolis”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Middleton Tavern

Middleton Tavern
Ranked #54 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Westfield, New Jersey
“Great place to eat in Annapolis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Six of us had dinner here on a Saturday night. Everywhere along the Annapolis dock was buzzing that night. We were lucky to have reservations.
The servers were very friendly and attentive. Our server helped us with a bottle of wine - offering to have me taste before deciding to take the bottle.
The food was very good; with nothing to complain about. One person had shrimp while most of us had crab cakes. They come either fried or broiled. Our server offered to have half of them fried and half broiled, so we could see the difference and decide for ourselves which we prefer. That was just incredibly nice and helpful. Anyway, most like the fried version. I preferred the broiled.
I had ordered the seafood mixed grill. It was excellent.

All in all, this is a place to put on your list of eateries for Annapolis.

Burke
“Great big disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our family all ordered the fish and chips. The fish was greasy and definitely not fresh. The fries not great. Sat near the kitchen and got a glimpse of it when the door would open-- absolutely filthy! Such a shame for an old landmark! Obviously just a tourist trap. Lesson learned for our next trip to Annapolis!

1 Thank Beachliferyankee
Nashville, Tennessee
“Looks fun, a bit slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This very old establishment has a nice front outdoor dinner area that attracted us for a late lunch. It was a fairly busy day as we were there during Naval Academy graduation week. Took a good while for us to get our meals; my wife remembered it was a bit slow the last time we were there several years ago (I couldn't remember that).

Our food was very good, service was friendly. I would go again but I would probably try a few places around before I did.

Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great casual place for Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

The back porch is perfect for a casual meal -- one with lots of fried Seafood! They pour the water into plastic cups and and have paper napkins, kind of giving it a dive-type feel in sight of masts in the harbor. Inside looked a little fancier, but if the menu is the same I would keep it casual and sit out back.

Annapolis, Maryland
“More history than quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Living locally, I ahve been to MIddletons a number of times. The atmosphere is quaint and the place reeks of history. Unfortunately, it also reeks of stale food odors also which is especially off-putting to my wife. Food is just OK. This is more of a place for tourists to have an interesting eating experience. Not a place to anticipate great eating.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Middleton Tavern? Share your experiences!