“Great late night diner food!”

Chick and Ruth's Delly
Ranked #5 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Overall enjoyed our food & the fact they server food "late night", though we were disappointed that they claim to offer delivery in and around downtown Annapolis, yet our hotel, which was less than a mile away, was out of their delivery area... Pastrami tasted more like roast beef to me, but it was still tasty! Loved the make your own baked potato option - one of the best baked potatoes my husband's ever had :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

This place is a throwback to the 60s - a small, busy diner, extremely friendly people, great breakfast. A real delight on a rainy morning on a busy street in downtown
Annapolis.

1  Thank kac22
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Went there since they were crowded and thought they must be good. The Manager/owner Ted is the Worst. I ordered their signature crabcake. Told him it tasted funny. Asked if there was some strange seasoning the used. He said, no but would check and gt back to me. We then realized after tasting several times that it was bad crabmeat. Told the waitress. She took it to the manager TED and said just throw it away, He never got back to me and just ignored it. I was worried I would get sick. He just ignored it and I told the waitress that was really Bad! She suggested we write it up on Yelp. I said he was a jerk and she agreed. Very crowded, very hot. First they sat us right under the heating lamps and I had to ask to move. Breakfast looked good but steer clear of the rest. VERY CROWDED and Noisy.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

- Friendly service, including the owner walking around joking with customers
- Huge portions (including some featured on Man vs. Food)
- Food quality surprising good
- Fun atmosphere (definitely not upscale, but really fun)
- Very affordable

I highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you want to feel like a native, go to this local spot, especially for breakfast, where every morning at the same time, you stand to pledge allegiance to the flag. During the MD Legislator days, filled with state officials.