“Fun place, great food”

Chick and Ruth's Delly
Ranked #4 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Massachusetts
“Fun place, great food”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went for breakfast, really enjoyed the corned beef hash and crab cakes. The kids had to try the milkshake challenge which they barely finished but it was fun to watch. The service was not the best but we overlooked it due to the food and atmosphere.

• Visited May 2012

Dothan, Alabama
“Just plain good!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had breakfast....if you like corned beef hash & Delly potatoes, you are in luck! Also, they have everyone join in for the Pledge of Allegiance at 830am sharp and have for 20+ years. That was just awesome!!! Dont miss the bisquits either!! Hear the Crab Cakes are awesome!

Visited January 2013
Palmetto, Florida
“Patriotism with breakfast”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had breakfast at Chick and Ruth's Delly on a busy Sunday morning. We sat at the bar so that we didn't have a long wait. Ted the son of the founders meet us at the door and was very friendly and efficient in handling the overflow.

The homemade corn beef hash was exceptional and sitting at the bar let us appreciate the "short order" chiefs at their best. The pancakes are some of the largest I've seen and the variety was extensive.

Our breakfast was interrupted by the "Pledge of Allegiance" which has been done daily for 30 years. Everyone in the restaurant stood and were very respectful for the Pledge, a patriotic experience.

Good food in a unique restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
“Dismal service. Average food. Don't believe the hype.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

First off let me say that I'm very adaptable and will usually just overlook bad service and just not come back. I have to review this cause it was the worst service I've ever had in a restaurant period. Whole experience was terrible but I'll hit the highlights and spare you the rest. Our server never brought our soups we ordered and our food came out. We told the a server (couldn't find ours) that we never got our soups but since I our food was there already that we didn't want our soups anymore. Suddenly our server shows up and argues with us that we have to get our soups since they were already ordered since that would come out of her check. We told her that we were very sorry but we never got them and now that our meals were halfway over we didn't want them. She said that we had to pay for them and we told her that we would like to speak with the manager. Our server said that it wouldn't do any good and that we had to pay for them. We ordered a milkshake for our daughter when we we first sat down and had to ask for it at least three times (different server every time). Bad communication among servers cause they gave her milkshake to another table and we had to wait another 15 minutes for another one. Our server shows up crying (we were nothing but polite to her were nothing but respectful) and said she was sorry. We told her that was okay. Long story short we got our milkshake and they still tried to slide those soups we never got onto our bill. My wife went to see the manager to explain we were not paying for those soups. One of the waitresses actually told me that the server was a mother too. I was blown away cause we were polite but firm that we were not paying for the soups. My wife said the manager was the worst one. He gave her a hard time but she wouldn't budge and he eventually relented. Terrible service (this is the abridged version). The food was average. I got the crab and cheese omelette and thought it could have been better. I promise I'm not one of those hard to please customers that complains for the sake of it but the service was inexcusable. Still can't believe it. My advice is to go through the front door, look at all the neat stuff on the walls, walk right out the back entrance and eat somewhere else.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Cozy, full of history”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

great place to eat and be a part of the history of Annapolis and Maryland. Portions are generous and food comes quickly. It is very tight seating, so you won't want to linger but a great place for a reasonable quick meal!

• Visited November 2012