“Milkshakes are the best!”

Chick and Ruth's Delly
Ranked #5 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great place for brunch in the area and its fun to sit at the counter and watch them make their milkshakes. I usually get the classic reuben. So good and generous portions! They also have good crab balls, which is a great way to sample some Maryland crab cakes in a bite sized way for people out of town.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,614)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is an institution in Annapolis and always busy. They are the closest thing to a good kosher deli, but if you are from NY or NJ...set your expectations lower. It is close, but not that close. The sandwiches are decent but you have to pay extra for anything resembling generous. The soups are nothing to rave about. The matzo ball soup is better than the Maryland crab, but rather bland and not close to the homemade memories of NJ or NY. The bright spot is the dill pickle slices they always have on the tables and the shakes are noteworthy. It is a good place to go for a casual meal, it won't break the bank and the food is decent...but it is just average compared to real delicatessen restaurants. I would certainly recommend it for the sandwiches. The crabcakes are also good -- they tout quite the mail order side of it. Not sure how they would stand up to being delivered. It is definitely a place to try at least once.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We had to wait to get a cozy seat which is usually a good sign. My dad was so excited to take me here so I had high hopes. However, the onion rings were very thick and greasy (I prefer thin and crispy) the lettuce in my salad was wilted and brown, and my crab cake was nothing special.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I went with my large extended family of approximately 15 people for a Sunday breakfast. Here is my honest and unbiased opinion of Chick and Ruth's Delly:

First of all, they are to be applauded for their dedication to serve men and women, past and current. What a great place to eat with a military flair! I guess it's only appropriate being they are located in downtown Annapolis, MD home of the Navel Academy.

The place is very small, busy, and hard to maneuver inside, but the atmosphere makes up for it. The Pledge of Alliance is spoken at specific times by all the diners, how patriotic! The service was excellent, especially for us being a large group. The food was good, but I was not jumping for joy with my crab and cheese omelet, which is a specialty and recommended plate of the house. This is my opinion and maybe others fee different.

I would definitely recommend eating here and experiencing the patriotic environment. Oh, look at the lights and see what is hanging! I hope they are changed out once in a while, LOL.

Enjoy the experience!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Delicious breakfast with large portions. Staff are very friendly and take pride in their place of work. It was a delight!